Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Skip A/C using shorter belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip A/C using shorter belt

So I think I'm having issues with one of my pulleys causing my belt to eventually stretch out and be useless (full alternator tension and like a mile of flex). It screams when the A/C is on during cold starts until it warms up.

I think it's my compressor so I just want to use a shorter belt to skip over it, can I do that without removing the compressor and do I do it using a dx belt?

Like just walk into autozone and tell them I have a dx and I need the belt. How much do you think that'll cost?

I'm broke and my lights fading in and out slightly driving at night bugs the crap out of me.

My eyeballs and my 90 LX thank you for your service.

You'll have to tell them more than that you simply have a DX. There is an option in their system for a belt just as you describe regardless of your trim level. I had one on one of my cars when the compressor was crap and I still left the compressor installed.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Awesome, thanks. How much does the belt go for, if you know?

Comment

Originally posted by exlxdx View Post
        Awesome, thanks. How much does the belt go for, if you know?
        about 21 bucks @ O'Really's

Gates K050375
        17mm x 970mm

Comment

Working...
        X