Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 EX Cruise Control; Power Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 EX Cruise Control; Power Issue

So I've been working on my car for quite a while now, and It's been bugging me that my cruise control will not power on. What I mean by that it is that the cruise control button will glow as usual when the headlights are on, but the button will not glow when I try to turn on cruise control, and I have the same issue with the cruise control light in the cluster.

I have swapped out the cruise control computer and the cruise control assembly under the hood seems to be in good condition.

I have checked the cruise control fuses and they're all fine, and this is on an automatic car.

If anybody can give me any advice or other ways of checking, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I know that there's a lot of issues with our cruise control systems but it'd be really nice to have it lol.

Does your cruise control work at all, or is it just the light that's failing to stay on?

Comment

That was my first thought as well. At 20+ years old, the bulbs could simply be burned out!
      Are you 100&#37; positive that the replacement computer is functional?

Most people on here often just remove cruise control when it stops working. My own has been gone for over a decade. Of course, I live in New Jersey. We have so much traffic that there's no real need for cruise control. You're hitting the brake far too often for it to really be useful!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        That was my first thought as well. At 20+ years old, the bulbs could simply be burned out!
        Are you 100% positive that the replacement computer is functional?

Most people on here often just remove cruise control when it stops working. My own has been gone for over a decade. Of course, I live in New Jersey. We have so much traffic that there's no real need for cruise control. You're hitting the brake far too often for it to really be useful!
        Yeah haha the cruise control doesn't work at all, it's not just the bulbs.

The previous computer did the same thing, so I don't suspect the computer.

Is there any relays for the cruise control I could check/replace?

Comment

if you remove the driverside fender liner, there is a vacuum box visible, tucked up inside the fender, that is supposed to "hold" the pedal, once you set the cruise.

Make sure the nipple on the box and the hose going to it through the fender are in good shape.

I seem to be having a problem with it holding the set speed when i engage it, so I'm thinking my vac. box might have a leak or isn't sealing right.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I had the same problem turned out to be the clutch pedal sensor for the cruise. I'm not sure if you have an automatic or stick, but for my stick, there was a sensor above the clutch pedal that was bad. Once I changed it, the cruise worked. Good luck with it though
            Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

Working...
            X