Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Intermittent Hesitation at low idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Hesitation at low idle

I'm in some serious need of help here with my 91 Accord LX Coupe. I'm currently banging my head against the wall trying to resolve this issue with my f22a1. Here's the story:

About 3 weeks ago I started experiencing this shudder when taking off from stop lights. It was very intermittent and didn't happen too often. Then, yesterday it decided it wanted to happen almost every time I took off. If I keep my foot on the gas, it would eventually clear up and the car acted normal. It was acting as though I had bad gas or something. The CEL does NOT light and it's NOT giving me any codes.

Since I'm already about $300 in parts into this thing and I have NO idea what to do next, I'm pleading for some help. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Or does anyone have any idea what to do next? I'd greatly appreciate the help.

What I've Noticed:
    If the idle is over 1k, it takes off alright. Before the issue shows up, my idle will drop to roughly 600.

When the issue is happening, If I turn the ignition off and immediately back on again, the issue resolves.

Here's what has been done:
    Replaced:
    Plugs NGK
    Cap and Rotor
    Ignition Control Module
    Ignition Coil
    Ignition Switch
    Fuel Filter

Cleaned:
    EGR Valve

Liquids:
    Lucas

I have done some research on this forum and I found this post:
    From 2005

Unfortunately I don't see an actual resolution in that thread.

Please help, it's my only car and I'd like to feel a bit safer when driving it. Thank you!

Is your egr system clean?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      Is your egr system clean?
      Sure is, cleaned it out yesterday and even tried a buddy's egr.

Comment

Did you pull a vacuum on EGR (remove small hose may have number 16 from EGR and put on ANOTHER hose then use it to pull the vacuum. If you did this did engine stay running or stall?

Comment

Clean IACV, it's free if you've got carb cleaner, and can cause that kind of issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Accordpeddler View Post
            Did you pull a vacuum on EGR (remove small hose may have number 16 from EGR and put on ANOTHER hose then use it to pull the vacuum. If you did this did engine stay running or stall?
            Sorry for the slow response, I did pull the vacuum line, number 16, from the egr. There was no vacuum on that line. I swapped it with line 8 from the box by the battery. The engine dropped about 400 rpm. Bringing the idle down to barely registering on the tach.

CB7NWDD, I pulled off the IACV and cleaned the hell out of it today. Only time is going to tell if the issue is resolved. I hate intermittent problems like this lol.

Comment

My 90 coupe Mr thread....
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Working...
              X