Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f20b swap idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f20b swap idle

My f20b swap is idling high 2-3k and having hard cold starts because I have no iac hooked up. I have all my wires ran and a 2 wire iac ready to install but I cant mount it because the f uses a 3 wire iac( it is NOT the euro r style, its similar but backwards) I heard I have two options( 3 but running with no iac is no fun)
    Get an adapter( having a hard time finding someone who makes, any idea?)
    Get the top part of the intake from an h22 and swap
    With swapping, can i still use the throttle body from the f20b? How hard is it? Would it drop right in? Whats the basic steps to perform this?
    Thank you!!!

Originally posted by silversilver View Post
    My f20b swap is idling high 2-3k and having hard cold starts because I have no iac hooked up. I have all my wires ran and a 2 wire iac ready to install but I cant mount it because the f uses a 3 wire iac( it is NOT the euro r style, its similar but backwards) I heard I have two options( 3 but running with no iac is no fun)
    Get an adapter( having a hard time finding someone who makes, any idea?)
    Get the top part of the intake from an h22 and swap
    With swapping, can i still use the throttle body from the f20b? How hard is it? Would it drop right in? Whats the basic steps to perform this?
    Thank you!!!
    afaik the plenum (top part of the h22) will bolt up to the f series intake (regardless of sub model - 20b/22a/22b/ect - I might be wrong though) and would be your best bet. At the junkyard in my area I can buy one for like $20. Research its comptability though.

Comment

Originally posted by marneus901 View Post
      afaik the plenum (top part of the h22) will bolt up to the f series intake (regardless of sub model - 20b/22a/22b/ect - I might be wrong though) and would be your best bet. At the junkyard in my area I can buy one for like $20. Research its comptability though.
      Ive searched many sites and even went asfar as page 5 in google! It seems like nobody swaps the f so nobody has info on them. NO idea on compatbiliy

Comment

I'm pretty sure you'd need to use the entire intake manifold from the H22, not just the plenum (and marenus901 is mostly incorrect... the H22A plenum will only bolt to the lower portion of the F22A6 or H23A1 manifold, or any others that use a similar IAB-equipped manifold.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I'm pretty sure you'd need to use the entire intake manifold from the H22, not just the plenum (and marenus901 is mostly incorrect... the H22A plenum will only bolt to the lower portion of the F22A6 or H23A1 manifold, or any others that use a similar IAB-equipped manifold.)
          I was reading ( an unfished thread sadly) that some guy did the swap just with the plenum. Id try it but no junkyard near me has a freaking prelude.... it cant be that rare right?

Comment

Originally posted by silversilver View Post
            I was reading ( an unfished thread sadly) that some guy did the swap just with the plenum. Id try it but no junkyard near me has a freaking prelude.... it cant be that rare right?
            Not sure on the rarity. But from where I'm from, everything for a cb7(or 4th gen lude) is basically impossible to find. Every yard around here has crushed all of these cars

Comment

Ebay, Craigslist, forums, or Facebook would probably be the best place to search. Old Preludes are hard to find in junkyards these days, and finding one with an H22A in it.

If your F20B manifold has an IAB plate, then the H22A/H23A1 plenum will probably fit just fine. It's been a while since I've seen an F20B, and I can't recall if it has the dual-stage manifold.
              However, finding just the plenum anywhere but a junkyard is going to be difficult. The lower portion alone is worthless, so people will be selling the manifold whole. If the plenum can be swapped, then you could buy a complete H23A1 manifold and use the plenum.

Intake/idle issues... yet another thing to add to my list of reasons why I don't like the F20B!

Comment

50 bucks too much for the whole set up?( everything minus tb)
                Brings me to my other question, will my throttle body from my f20b swap into place to the h22 intake?

Comment

That I'm not 100&#37; sure. I believe you'll need the appropriate TB for the manifold, but I'm not certain. $50 is a decent price, though. $75 seems to be fairly common.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    That I'm not 100% sure. I believe you'll need the appropriate TB for the manifold, but I'm not certain. $50 is a decent price, though. $75 seems to be fairly common.
                    I was readingthat d fits h and b or sum shit but im not too sure. Guess im going to have to pinoneer this. Ill be sure to write my findings and spread it aroun to help aching f series owners :/

Comment

I don't know about D series... but the B18 throttle body will fit the h22 plenum.

Comment

I'm running a B-series throttle body (Edit: I have an H plenum). I think D/B/H are compatible with each other. The F2Xa are different from all of those. The F20b I'm not sure either.
                        Last edited by sonikaccord; 11-25-2015, 04:35 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Your throttle body should bolt up to the H plenum. I believe it's the bore size on them that's different. I have heard the s2k Tb's work as well but that I cant confirm.

Comment

I ran a remote IAC plate when I installed a sheet metal manifold on my h22, worked great! just run coolant lines and extend the wires for the sensor.

http://xcessivemanufacturing.com/ind...b-iac-rmk.html

Comment

I didnt forget about this. I finally found an intakr plenum( why the fuck are these so hard to find) I shall do the install tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X