Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear sway bay question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear sway bay question

After doing a ton of research here and a phone call to the manufacturer im hoping someone can help me here. I am leaning towards the st bar over progress for ease of installation but am concerned it sit too low. I have a 92 lx coupe.

Being that my car is on air ride undercarriage space is at a minimum when aired out. I am worried the bushings on the st set up, being they are the lowest point will make contact when aired out with the ground. St cannot give me an installed height from the crossmember to the lowest point of the inner sway bar bushing bracket. Can anyone here maybe measure it for me?

I like the fact that the progress bar bushing attatchments are higher but the bar hangs quite low in the middle. If possible would anyone be able to measure the bottom of the bar to the crossmember height?

IMO both will yield similar results as far as handling but i would like to have one that has a low installed profile to avoid getting caught up and yanked while driving or having it hit the ground and have all the weight of the rear resting on the bushings when aired out. Any input is appreciated!

Its too bad Tanabe doesn't make a sway bar set for you CB guys. I have their set on my CD, and they are the only aftemarket company which utilizes the OEM design for their rear bar, meaning it uses OEM mounting hardware, and has 0 clearance issues.

IIRC in reading that both ST and Progress run into exhaust clearance issues if you have anything 2.25in or up, (or if the piping doesn't follow the stock path 100&#37 since they do not have the "u" shaped bend over the exhaust piping path.

Comment

I'll try and get some measurements for you. And yeah, I ran into clearance issues with my 3" exhaust with the ST bar.

Comment

Working...
      X