Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 Coupe Steering wheel vibrating at a stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 Coupe Steering wheel vibrating at a stop

So I bought an automatic 93 LX coupe in November. Its got 181,000 km as of right now, I think thats like 112,500 miles. Its been babied for its whole life except for its final year with its previous owners, it was left parked outside for a year. When the car is not in gear (when its in park or neutral) everything is fine, when the car is put into any gear (1,2,D3,D4, R) the steering wheel vibrates like crazy, this stops when the engine rpm is higher than idle, so pretty much whenever its moving. recently I did an oil change, using castrol's high mileage synthetic blend oil, Afterwards it sort of felt like the vibrations were significantly reduced, not sure whether that was actually the case or I was imagining things, but a week later the vibrating felt to be pretty bad again. Any idea what could be causing this?

Betty and Betzi died for our sins

Is the engine shuddering as well, or is it running fine other than the vibrations? Does the car have a check engine light? Do you see any engine mounts that are noticeably more worn or torn than the rest?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

You were just imagining things.

Your motor mount/s could be toast. Check all of the mounts and replace if necessary.

I would definitely check the front mount (right next to the header). This usually causes the vibration at a stop in gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Is the engine shuddering as well, or is it running fine other than the vibrations? Does the car have a check engine light? Do you see any engine mounts that are noticeably more worn or torn than the rest?
        The car is in beautiful condition (mechanically anyways :P) It doesnt have any sort of light illuminated, I'm not sure how to assess how worn the mounts are as Im not too sure what to look for on the mounts, I'm not sure whether the engine shudders, as my brakes still need to be done, the handbrake is too crap the keep the car still while in gear and there's nobody to help me with this, But I dont hear any shuddering or metal to metal noises of any sort coming from under the hood when its in gear, I've driven it 3000 km since I got it and no problems and the vibrations aren't getting any worse

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
          You were just imagining things.

Your motor mount/s could be toast. Check all of the mounts and replace if necessary.

I would definitely check the front mount (right next to the header). This usually causes the vibration at a stop in gear.
          Hmm. this could be tricky, I live in Toronto Canada and pretty much all pre- 1998 hondas have long since rusted away and are extinct, with the exception of the CB7, I still see one every now and then. But because of this, my local mechanics and used part depots dont carry alot of CB7 parts, and shipping is usually ridiculously expensive, $50 cb7 bumper cover, shipping $400, Thats more than what I paid for the car! anyways, off topic, Any ideas of where I could find engine mounts for a reasonable price if that does end up being the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by AmTeC View Post
            Hmm. this could be tricky, I live in Toronto Canada and pretty much all pre- 1998 hondas have long since rusted away and are extinct, with the exception of the CB7, I still see one every now and then. But because of this, my local mechanics and used part depots dont carry alot of CB7 parts, and shipping is usually ridiculously expensive, $50 cb7 bumper cover, shipping $400, Thats more than what I paid for the car! anyways, off topic, Any ideas of where I could find engine mounts for a reasonable price if that does end up being the problem?
            rockauto.com

the part you will probably need

Quick check of shipping costs shows a $8.99 charge to ship from US to Canada.

FYI, shipping a bumper would cost a lot no matter where you lived.

Comment

Working...
            X