Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rebuild f22a1 with 300k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rebuild f22a1 with 300k miles

I was wondering what would be the best rebuild kit for my 93 accord f22a1? It has 300k miles, still running strong though,. Also what all is in a rebuild kit? Like what will I need? Any links to the complete rebuild kit? Also wanna rebuild my tranny it's a automatic as well, thanks!

Avoid anything sold as a "kit". Kits are usually just a collection of parts sold at a markup. You'll usually pay more for a kit than you would for each individual part, unless the kit is comprised of low-quality parts (which many are.)

What is your goal? Do you want to do a complete teardown and rebuild? Or do you just want to do a basic refresh?

The very FIRST thing you should do is invest in a Helm manual for your specific year. Helm publishes (well, published) the official Honda repair manual for these cars. I believe they are out of print, but you can still find one on Amazon or Ebay. The price could be anywhere from $30 to $80... but well worth the cost. Haynes and Chiltons manuals might as well have been written by Dr Seuss. The Helm manual is the one to get. It is easily the most valuable tool I have ever owned when it came to working on my CB7.

Anyway, on to the rebuild. I'm not going to attempt to list every part, as I'll likely leave something out. I'll point you in the right direction, and you should be able to figure it out from there.
    A basic refresh would include all seals and gaskets. If your engine has good compression across all four cylinders, this is probably the furthest you'll need to go. Taking it a step further, you could replace your valve springs and retainers, piston rings, and rod bearings.
    If you want to do a complete teardown, you can replace your pistons and rods (good opportunity to upgrade here.) That would require honing and possibly boring your block to ensure proper fit. You could replace your valves (good opportunity to get a performance valve job), and your camshaft (good opportunity to upgrade that as well.)

It's difficult to say exactly what you should get, because different parts suit different needs. If you just want a stock rebuild, OEM Honda parts are your best bet. Many of the things needed are still available. Avoid cheap aftermarket stuff, unless you want to do it over again in a short while (barring catastrophic failure, of course... in which case, you'll be starting fresh with a replacement engine!) www.hondaautomotiveparts.com is a good place to start. They also have useful diagrams that you can examine to determine which parts you need, and how much they'll cost.
    If you want to build for performance, there are numerous options available. www.raceeng.com is a good source of many performance engine parts. If you want to go that route, start by looking around on there.

Just keep in mind... if your engine is running well now, you may not need to do much at all. Seals and gaskets. If you're inexperienced when it comes to engine assembly, you could end up doing more harm than good by replacing things that don't need to be replaced just yet. Take your time, and do it right. Understand what you're doing, and why you're doing it. That Helm manual will help a great deal.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,. This is my first build,. I've been into Honda forever,. And I just wanted to keep this as my daily and make sure it'll stay running for a long time....until I wanna swap it because I like the f22a1s and I wanted to turbo it once it was rebuilt.

Comment

If you want to go turbo, then you'll want to install forged internals. Stock internals won't hold up very long.

Comment

And I wanted to do a complete rebuild everything new

Comment

Working...
          X