Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Beginner Intake Trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner Intake Trick

Ok, this what I believe every beginner CB7 tuners should do. You dont really need to buy expensive air intake kits. What should do instead is this:
    - Your air box have two extensions. Remove both intake extensions. This way more air is getting in more freely.
    - To take it even further, put in a K&N High Flow Air Filter
    - To take it even more further, cut out holes in the air box. Make sure you dont cut the parts that are passed the air filter, you don't want unfiltered air.
    Last edited by 92DX; 03-27-2006, 09:18 AM.
    RICE COOKA!!

Originally posted by 92DX
    Ok, this what I believe every beginner CB7 tuners should do. You dont really need to buy expensive air intake kits. What should do instead is this:
    - Your air box have two extensions, normal air and cold air. Remove the normal air intake extension. This way more air is getting in more freely.
    - To take it even more further, cut out holes in the air box. Make sure you dont cut the parts that are passed the air filter, you don't want unfiltered air.

wouldn't you want to filter the normal air intake also tho

Comment

both the normal and cold air extensions attach "pre" filter. so even if you take out both, the air still is being filtered.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Both intake tubes feed from inside the engine bay, so there is no cold air. They both draw air from just behind the headlight. They both connect to a resonator that sits down in the fender, but is completely closed off.

Even if you remove the tubes, the inlets into the airbox are still restrictive, so the best thing to do is to remove the upper tube, and use a hole saw to enlarge the hole to accomodate tubing with a 2" INNER diameter. Then get a plastic tube, aluminum tube, piping, or something of that sort and put them in the larger hole in place of the stock tube.

A 2" Inner Diameter tube, plus the stock lower tube will give you a flow area just slightly larger than the flow area of the Throttle body.

The K+N is also a good idea.

The reason for putting the tube back into the airbox, is to keep it quiet. It won't be much louder than stock.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

From my experience, both tubes draw air from outside the engine bay location, the whole idea is to get colder air, and this is what the system does. the first is from the fender wall, and the second is from a hole near the headlight, however this may vary on certain models. Right now I have both mine disconnected, works for me.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
            From my experience, both tubes draw air from outside the engine bay location, the whole idea is to get colder air, and this is what the system does. the first is from the fender wall, and the second is from a hole near the headlight, however this may vary on certain models. Right now I have both mine disconnected, works for me.
            Actually the extension tube for the normal air intake is the one that gets air from the sidewall and behind the headlight (very restrictive). There are two extension tubes from the air box. The cold air intake (the lower extension tube) goes down through a hole in the fender. This one is the one you wanna keep on.
            RICE COOKA!!

Comment

The bottom tube does not go staight down into the fender. It pulls air from right behind the headlight. It just runs below the upper tube. The part where you see it "going into the fender" is actually the tube hooking up to the resonator, (a big square box behind the bumper) that DOES NOT receive cold air, or air from outside the engine bay for that matter, in any way shape or form.

Every stock 90-93 intake system is identical.

You aren't going to make me get the camera out are you?
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

wow
                i got some stock honda civic si turboz

Comment

Originally posted by 92DX
                  - Your air box have two extensions, normal air and cold air. Remove the normal air intake extension. This way more air is getting in more freely.
                  I just did away with the whole thing and the snorkel that was near the fender, and I get better flow.
                  I was born to roll

Comment

where do you cut the hole in the intake box..how big should i cut it??

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Accordlx
                      where do you cut the hole in the intake box..how big should i cut it??
                      You can pretty much cut out holes any where in the air box, as long as it is still below the filter. I cutted out 2.5"-diameter holes on the side and the bottom. My intake got louder a little, but throttle response is hella good.
                      RICE COOKA!!

Comment

hows about you just drill holes in the retard box in the fender remove and seal the normal air tube and seal the inlet on the other tube aswell look cheapo cold air intake im a genius that cantspell

the build and demise
                        buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

man drilling holes? sounds like more of a pain in the ass than installing a cai...just buy it off ebay and get a good filter

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

fuck i bought an intake from a 90 civic hatch and it fits fine

the build and demise
                            buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
                              man drilling holes? sounds like more of a pain in the ass than installing a cai...just buy it off ebay and get a good filter
                              The whole idea is making the most of what you got. Drilling holes isn't really that hard. Plus this way there is none of that annoying whistle that you get from cheap intakes.
                              RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Working...
                              X