Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93accord swap f22b1{ HELP}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93accord swap f22b1{ HELP}

doing a swap but the mounts are diffrent on the timing belt side
    do i need a moun kit ????????????????

ANYONE????????????????????????????

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...22b1+swap+info

That should help you out.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

oh man i opened a can of worms

Comment

Read the whole thing if you did you would have seen this:

You want to use the CB7 trans mount but it reqires either the holes in the trans to be tapped so you can put studs in there, or you can do what I did and weld onto the mount so that it meets up with the existing studs.

You want to use the CB7 D. side mount but it does require some modifications. There are two parts to this mount.....the engine mount and the car mount. The engine mount needs to be cut on one side because it will hit the timing belt (ouch!!) and because the mount is different, the timing belt cover also needs to be modified to to fit it. The car mount part remains unmodified.

Use the Cb7 front and rear mounts and no modifications are needed.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i thought that if the engines had matching numbers it was a direct swap with the same engine mounts?

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by EuroSpec
                i thought that if the engines had matching numbers it was a direct swap with the same engine mounts?

Na, "direct swap" basically means that the motor fits without major modifications like frame re-shaping. You usually always have to do a little bit of work to mounts when swapping a different motor. H22's are considered "direct swaps" but they too need some minor mount modifications. It's easier and more common than you would think.

I'm glad my write-up came in handy for someone!

BTW, it is still running great and it's been about a year or so. Glad I did it. Good luck!

My Accord History:
                91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

ttt

Comment

Comment

F22B1, is that the same as the DOHC f22b non Vtec? To many engines with the samae letters and stuff, ahwell.
                      www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

no this is a VTEC motor

Comment

Originally posted by JaiBeezy DnB
                          F22B1, is that the same as the DOHC f22b non Vtec? To many engines with the samae letters and stuff, ahwell.
                          F22B1 and F22B2 motors are usdm, and the f22b is the 2.2 liter jdm motor that is pretty much like a h23, but it has hotter cams that let it make up the lack of that extra .1 liter..phil opened my eyes to that concept..

if you look at the motor faq in the swap forum, you can see that whole list of motors that will swap into an accord

Comment

thanxs

Comment

so got some mounts time to modify
                              then dropping the motor
                              in this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X