Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

squeaky junkyard coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

squeaky junkyard coilovers

whats up everyone i finally finished installing the coilovers and KYB shocks that i picked up out of the junkyard and the ride is good other than the springs squeaking any suggestions? maybe spray them with lubricating oil or do you think they will break themselves back in after riding on them for a little while?

Bet it's the front upper ball joints.
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

i know my ball joints are going so your probably right i checked the price on them at autozone today they are 20 a pop so im gonna do them this coming weekend

thanks for the thought

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92
        i know my ball joints are going so your probably right i checked the price on them at autozone today they are 20 a pop so im gonna do them this coming weekend

thanks for the thought
        The uppers are integral with the control arms. No way are you getting those for 20 bones.
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.

Comment

Did it squeak before the install?

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

my shit made noise to sprayed some wd40 on it worked for bout 3 months now its back

Comment

no it didnt squeak before the install and sorry its the lowers that are 20 the uppers are like 50 i think

Comment

Then it might be your shocks or coil overs itself. Prob been sitting in the yard too long.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Now that it's lowered all the ball joints are sitting in a different static position.

Comment

My car squeaks too. Most noticably in the back. I have Neuspeed Springs, and KYB AGX shocks. Is that bad?
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I dunno mine used to squeak im running sprint blue springs on stock struts. When the weather was colder it would squeak now the weather is gettin warmer and i dont hear it squeak.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i checked it out and yeah the ball joints arnt in great shape but the springs are whats squeaking im gonna try to oil them up and break them back in my ride is really stiff now and has a nasty bounce on good size bumps in the road the handling is awsome though

Comment

i have never had any squeeking problems with my car. i have 2 1/4 matrix lowering springs. i checked my front end when i put my winter wheels on and everything was solid and its been lowered for about a year now. The funny thing is that i am still rolling on stock struts! i should probably look into getting some new shocks. Any recemendations? i was thinkin monroe because i can get a good deal through my work.

Comment

Most of the time the squeaking will come from ball joints, but especially from sway bar links/bushings... I'd change those also.

Comment

slammedaccord...what wheels are those? they look HAWT! make a members ride thread and show that shit off!

-Ramon

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X