Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exhuast flow not smooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhuast flow not smooth

my 93 cb has 196435 milez and when put my hand near muffler to check exuast flow..cuz i know sometin its wrong...it flow out rough lilke car go over bump..its not smooth...and I can hear it goes bup bup bup from rear of exausdt when i press a gas slowly and easy.

MY 1n2 CB7

Don't quite understand what you're describing...but perhaps the muffler has a leak, or could be the engine not running right, which can give odd exhaust sounds.
    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

is it the stock exhaust? LIke what was said above, hard to understand the question

Comment

if ur hearing poppin noise i would stay air is gettin in there, mine does it alot b/c my header downpipe is blown so there no seal there

Comment

isnt the popping noise the engine missing?
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            isnt the popping noise the engine missing?
            wha?

i would say you have an exhaust leak somewhere...maybe an exhaust gasket missing from a connector piece in the exhaust..or it could be your header leaking...you'll have to explain to use a lot more about this problem for us to come up with a sound explanation.

im betting most likely though its a leak between exhaust linkages. how long ago did you get your exhaust replaced?
            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

like everyone else said it must be an exhaust leak...first thing that came to mind before seeing the thread.

Comment

If it's stock maybe you have a rust hole somewhere after 196k miles.

Comment

We need more information such as, is it stock exhaust, does it run bad (other then just the noise), is it rusty, etc. If you do not have a cat on it, it will tend to backfire because there isn't a whole lot of back pressure.

I donno if its the correct way of checking for leaks, but when i wanted to see if i had a leak, I took a paper towel and covered the exhaust, and it'll force the air out of where the leak is (if there is one).

Comment

sorry guys. my english is not good..its not about exhuast noise...what Im trying to say is that my exhaust flow is rough (unevenly flow out)...the flow is not smooth.

damn iono how to say this..but its like a fan blowing at u..u will feel an even smooth air blasting at u..my exhuast doesnt flow smooth out like that..but it cut and flow cut and flow unevenly. ..ya meean.

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

When you say not smooth when its coming out it doesnt feel like full flow? If you notice an increase in exhaust noise you could have a leak as specified. If it feels like not a lotta air is comin out and such could be something clogging the system like your catalytic converter or muffler. Hope that helps out a lil

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

did you check if there are any places where its bent and its not supposed to be

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

you mean your exhaust flows out in puffs, not a constant flow.

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87
                            you mean your exhaust flows out in puffs, not a constant flow.
                            yes yes man thats ecacly my point...oh yea my exhaust are new..new pipe new+ muffler...I experience this problem wid my stock exhaust so i guess its not the exuast is the problem. mayb its the engine.
                            could it be that i need a Valve Ajustment.?

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Thats how the engine naturally is. Your exhaust valve closes shuts the exhaust for a second or so then it opens back up. Thats basically somewhat what it does hence why your exhaust flow shouldnt be smooth all the time.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X