Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wierd Rough Idle, Especially in gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd Rough Idle, Especially in gear

I read other threads about similar problems, dealing w/ the FIV, Low coolant, IACV and EGR problems but mine is still got me puzzled. I have a 92 ex auto and when I start it, it revvs up like 2500rpm and when it goes to fall back to idle its like it falls too far and trys to stall. it gets as low as 325rpm (i had a digital meter on it to see how low). only falls that low for a few seconds then idles lil rough but about 750rpm.

Next when I go to go into reverse to back out, it shakes terribly until I get above 1500rpm. me driving in reverse down my road to figure out where it cleaned up kinda freaked out my passing neighbor. w/ my foot on the brake and in reverse, it will shake my glove box open (good bump will to the same, weak latch) shake CDs every where and make you wonder if it is running on only 3cyls. Only shakes THAT bad in reverse stopped or moving very slow. Sitting at a light in drive, its rough that u can see my tilt wheel moving vertical shaking but no changes in rpm you can notice on the tach in either situation.

I was told by a 20yr Honda Mech who was doing my work that this is very normal for aging f22 accords and wasnt worth the sensors to fix??? I believed it for over a year til I started getting into Hondas more than stereos, apc intakes and way too loud mufflers.

Now my mileage isnt the greatest. I average around 17 to 20mpg city and lil highway (10miles to the next town on the 4 way). and all highway like on a trip, best has been 28mpg. Use to be like 25mpg lil mixed and 34mpg all highway and has been slowly going down since gas prices been going up.

Does throw a egr code maybe 3 times a month, started in like sept 05 again, but resets w/ restarting.

new egr when i got the car in nov 03 and cleaned channels bc had egr code 24/7.
    recleaned egr channels and new "black box" on firewall w/ vaccum lines in summer of 04 bc egr code again.
    jan 05 new honda oem cap, rotor, bosch plug wires and ngk plugs after being yelled at by mech for putting the bosch plat 4 and wires myself bc of poor idle.
    no help. still no help in Mar 06. very minor coolant leak at top left radiator, only 1/4in from top. cleaned my IACV, temp-replaced my IACV w/ good one off a junkyard motor I heard run, new IACV seal, played w/ FIV, looked at EGR (clean), no air around TB.

Sorry for the long thread, wanted to cover everything I could.

CHeck your engine mounts they prob went out on you.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
    X