Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A few questions on my motor buildup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions on my motor buildup.

So it looks like I may be able to get an h23 manifold and throttle body. I was thinking of putting in a delta cam and a cam gear at the same time. Also running a venom 400, and I would add a afc just so all runs well. High flow cat, and possibly switching header. I would also add a fpr and clean my injectors (flow balance). Now with all this added it is good for a few ponies that I know, the question is that I am worried that witha more aggressive cam that I will have to also swap my valves/springs/retainers. Simply put more pressure on a 16 year old spring and pop goes the rocker arm.

My friend owns a garage and has a f22 head laying around, they told me if I wanted to I could slowly build up that head and then throw that onto my block, but thinking about it just upgrading all those parts could cost over a grand, so then why not just do a motor swap? See I need the car to be perfectly drivable but have enough balls that when some,sorry, ricer (gasp) pullls up at the light I know I can take them out with no issues.

Any thoughts on any of this? I am worried about building up the head though since I have no money, and no experiance at all with doing that kind of work.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

i'd say using the venom w/ the safc won't work, they both will try to do the same thing. potentialy causing problems. IMHO, keep away from the venom & the jet products. i'm not saying they are bad products, but you can gain more by using the safc as long as you know how to tune it.

Comment

depending on how much money you are willing to spend, i found a perfectly good jdm h22 on ebay for $1100. i think this would be better than building up the head. and you are right putting an aggressive cam on a 16 year old valve train probably would not be the best of ideas. also just go with the safc, that will be the best thing to do, as long as you or somebody you know knows how to tune it.

Comment

A buddy of mine has it so he can tune it no prob. as far as the cam goes you think it will break shit by putting it on? I have 125,000 on the car so it may be old but its not horribly abused. Part of me really wants the cam and the other part of me says it will fuck everything up.
        No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

So yeah let me know how this sounds since I think this is what I will do.

Start with the bare head and outfit with full ferrara components. Dual ferrara springs with oversized valves and titanium retainers.
          Delta cam regrind. Dont know if I can go more aggressive than a 272. Also possibly a fidanza lightned flywheel, and the apexi safc. Of course all the other shit to but this sounds like it might just work and give me the most options for down the road.

Comment

i've had a spare complete F22a6 and H23A1 lying in my garage for a couple years now (both bottom ends blown).

You're giving me ideas here. the daily driver is a 90 LX 5spd cpe, and the motors were freebies left over from swaps I did for people....hmmmm....hmmmm

never even though of building a n/a sohc f-series until you brought it up...

Comment

Dude if you have those motors just lying around you can do some sick shit to your car with just that!! Bolt the h23 head up to your block and then use the a6 runners and the plenum and tb from the TB. That will definetly be good for some ponies. Then of course look into the other stuff as well like computers and stuff like that.

Comment

Man I'd just get an H!
                South Texas M_thaf_cka, that's where I stay!

Check out my Frost White CB
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=SpdJnky93

Comment

Originally posted by SpdJnky93
                  Man I'd just get an H!
                  Just helped my brother install an F22B (jdm dohc) in his wagon, and really like the idea of the motor (H23a1 w/ iron sleeves and better rod/stroke ratio... very turbo friendly). Plus, I think we did the whole long-block swap for like $700.

Maybe I'll SELL the parts in the garage to buy an H22 or F22B, but certainly can't afford either right now... as much as I dream of having one.

Comment

Working...
                  X