Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hey Guys... how will this sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys... how will this sound?

Shop in my are will do the following, which is in my price range.
    Custom Bent Axle back 2.25" piping. Magnaflow Universal muffler. And that is it. I would still have the stock cat, and header. This is really all I can afford, I just want to make sure it won't sound like garbage.

Will I need a resonator? I need the cat because I live in CA, in the Central Valley with Especially strict SMOG laws. Most of the resonators I have seen are designed to replace the cat. WTF?..... couldn't afford oner anyway.

Need Opinions!
    Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

You've seen resonators to replace the cat? Or resonated test pipes? Either way, those are dumb anyway! Meineke has resonators that they can weld right into your existing piping. I have one myself. Cost me $100 installed, and took about 15 minutes.

As for your axleback, it should sound ok. Magnaflow isn't the greatest, but it's alright.

Honestly, if you can't afford better, and you're not comfortable with the idea, don't get it. Save for a better setup. The Apexi WS axleback would DEFINITELY sound good.

Comment

I have a magnaflow and I kinda like the sound of it. I mean yeah the apexi will sound better but it will cost you 3 times the money. The magnaflow at least isnt complete garbage. You could always get a cherry bomb with a apc tip, oh yeah that would rock.

No not really
      No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

I think the magnaflow will sound cool not the best but still. I'm gonna get the Apexi WS2 when my budget allows it. but for now I'm thinking of going a little rice with a ebay muffer.. I'm just bored and what to do something to my car you know. besides damn thing is only $25 bucks so why not.
        always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

I know I have a Camry but thats all I have (magnaflow axleback setup) and it sounds good....nice and deep not raspy..doubt it would sound too different for you.

Comment

i bought the obx twinloop muffler off ebay and am extremely happy with it. i can hear my friends accord with a stock exhaust over my own at idle. i had them put on 2.5 crush bent piping, magnaflow cat, and a 26" resonator. it cost me about 380 total but was well worth it. (it cost me extra since i have an h22 with the jdm header and downpipe. he had to mess with the downpipe flange and ended up welding the piping directly onto it).
            a resonator would definately help with raspiness, but if you still have a stock cat it shouldnt be too bad (hopefully your cat is still good). are you only replacing the piping from the axle back? or all the way from the cat?
            Last edited by blackice; 03-30-2006, 09:52 PM.
            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

I have a magnaflow muffler with custom 2.5'' cat-back piping. It sounds pretty good and has a much deeper tone than civics and integras.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

do a stairght pipe to muffler
                will be loud

Comment

somewhat off topic but while me and my friends were messing around with a old 80's civic I cut the exhaust off and the damn thing sounded like a deep toned lawnmower. not saying are cb7s will sound the same, just something that I felt should be added to be convo.
                  always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

A cb7 with no exhaust sounds HORRIBLE! My piping fell off at the header after my swap... it was bad.

Comment

The apexi setup sounds great but will cost a little

Comment

dont go cheap on exhaust....you'll be redoing it a year later

Comment

OBX 2.5" complete Stainless catback (w/resonator) here. $230 shipped, new off ebay, had it on for 3 years, sounds great.

Took less than an hour to put it on by myself, or ask a shop to do it for $50.

Had to cut off the tacky 4.5" exhaust tip at the muffler though. re-sold that on ebay for $20. I like my shit low-key, so I also painted the back end of the apex-n1-style muffler flat black. Can't even tell the car has performance exhaust.

Comment

Do everything write the first time otherwise later down the road its gunna break or fall apart. Not saying that the most expensive stuff is the only way to do things I mean look at the guys at HMT. I agree with deevergote though if you arnt comfortable with it browse around more until you know everything there is about it or dont get it.
                            DIY antenna control
                            DIY ghetto short ram
                            Battery Relocation

New Project
                            1984 BMW 533i =DEAD

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              A cb7 with no exhaust sounds HORRIBLE! My piping fell off at the header after my swap... it was bad.
                              Everything Cat-back decided to rust off my car. I set off car alarms going through town for about 3 days. It was sickning loud!

Comment

Working...
                              X