Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

egr block plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

egr block plate

Thought a bit og putting one in but really..is there any benefit to doing this? also how will it affect gas mileage by doing this?
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Try this thread. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=35038

Good luck.

Comment

I don't seem to see anything on its effects on emissions. Such as how much does it affect it? I plan on keeping the EGR, seeing as I live in Mass and all.
      I understand the benifits, but how much more emissions does it really pump out from a little more echaust gases?
      Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

An EGR works by redirecting inert(unflammable) gases from the exhaust back into the combustion chamber. Contrary to popular belief, it its not being reburnt. What it does it takes up space in the combustion chamber so less fuel and air are needed and it ignites the mixture like normal. The less fuel and air in the mixture, the smaller combustion. The smaller the combustion the less heat. The less heat, the fewer NOX gases emitted from the tailpipe. A downside is that it will pollute the ports on your intake manifold and can cause driveability(slight) problems under some conditions. Don't just assume it's happened to you. You can clean those ports out and reseal them but that is somewhat of an involved process. You very well may be able to pass emissions without it but if there's a visual then it's an automatic failure I believe.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

ahh, ok...that's makes a bit more sense than the common expenation. thanks

I've never seen them open the hood for an emissions test, but I plan on keeping it functional anyways,
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by DjSpeedy
            Thought a bit og putting one in but really..is there any benefit to doing this? also how will it affect gas mileage by doing this?
            very little benefit, infact it can cause future problems.

Comment

Working...
            X