Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what little mods can i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what little mods can i do

what little mods can i do to my cb with out spending a lot of money like bigger honda injectors mainfold ec i want slite or no mod to the actuale part
    Last edited by arthaccord; 04-05-2006, 06:11 PM.

i'm kind of confused by what you mean with the injectors and manifold statement. are you suggesting those as mods you can do?
    usually the first 3 basic mods you can do is intake, header and exhaust. you can advance the timing (it's free ) but make sure you don't advance it too far or you'll start knocking.
    bigger injectors will do nothing for you. the only time you need bigger injectors is if you're running forced induction.

Comment

Originally posted by eludedU95
      i'm kind of confused by what you mean with the injectors and manifold statement. are you suggesting those as mods you can do?
      usually the first 3 basic mods you can do is intake, header and exhaust. you can advance the timing (it's free ) but make sure you don't advance it too far or you'll start knocking.
      bigger injectors will do nothing for you. the only time you need bigger injectors is if you're running forced induction.
      Forced induction or high HP all motor will require injectors. Id say save up for a turbo or motor swap. But if you insist on modifying the f22a a lil then get your basic intake/header/exhaust but i tell you you aint gonna gain much. You can lose some weight in the car that will help your car go quicker and shit like that.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

A great one is modding your stock airbox by either cutting the entire bottom off {} and removing the ducting/resonator OR making a cold air extension into the box.

You can do some weight reduction, there's alot of info on that here. Take out your A/C, P/S, and C/C for starters (what I've done) and you can go alot further.

Fill all your motor mounts w/ polyurethane. A simple experiment is to remove the front/torque mount, cut 4 pairs of maple or oak shims/wedges, and wedge them into the reliefs of the mount, making it solid. You'll like the results and it's easy, I did mine last Sunday

Bypassing the T/B coolant line is another good one too

Dan

Comment

if you do intake/header/exhaust/ then get a racing catalytic converter that way you will have better airflow than stock...or you could just crush all of the stuff out of your stock catalytic converter...

Comment

yes

Originally posted by eludedU95
            ya thats what i ment i alreaduy know about headers intake ec but im looking for other stock honda parts that will fit with no modification that will give me more power

Comment

Originally posted by arthaccord
              ya thats what i ment i alreaduy know about headers intake ec but im looking for other stock honda parts that will fit with no modification that will give me more power
              not sure what other bolts ons you want...if you want anymore power then i/h/e, then you'll have to go engine swap or turbo.
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

ngk spark plug wire?

Comment

Run good oil. Take off excessive weight. I/H/E. Replace all fluids. Get GOOD grippy tires. Tahts really it on a budget, excpet tires thsoe can be like 90 bucks a piece.
                  www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

if u want stock honda parts, you can use an f22a6 intake manifold, it has dual runners that open up around 3500rpm, if you do this you should also get the 92-93ex ecu, its the pt6 it goes with the intake manifold and has differant fuel curves, but if you gonna do that also get the 92-93ex cam, you'll have a good setup there with those three things gain a decent amount of throttle response, best of all you can get all this from your local junk yard

Comment

I understand you wanna go go go but, looks are a big thing too.....try to change some minor things like lights or the trunk if you get stuck with nothing else to do to the engine.

Comment

You can start with the basic bolt-ons. Intake, exhaust, and header.
                        Raceline USA

Comment

Spark plugs man. You got to get Good ones.
                          I'm running Bosch Platinum +4's and I love them
                          I get way better gas mileage (28-33 MPG mostly in the city.)
                          And the power is SOOOO much better than the stock ones I had.
                          Get a bigger cam for about 6-10 more HP. I think the EX's of our car had a bigger one but ask around.
                          (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                          Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                          My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                            Spark plugs man. You got to get Good ones.
                            I'm running Bosch Platinum +4's and I love them
                            I get way better gas mileage (28-33 MPG mostly in the city.)
                            And the power is SOOOO much better than the stock ones I had.
                            Get a bigger cam for about 6-10 more HP. I think the EX's of our car had a bigger one but ask around.
                            Stock NGK works better. I used bosch platinums once on my old motor and i took them out. OEM works better. Im still running OEM on my h22a except for the wires which are going to be changed out soon.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by arthaccord
                              what little mods can i do to my cb with out spending a lot of money like bigger honda injectors mainfold ec i want slite or no mod to the actuale part
                              Go to the junkyard, purchase a DSM manifold, turbo, oil lines, intercooler and intake piping.

instal them on your car, and run low 14's

incase you didnt know, the turbo manifold on DSM's (eclipses, talons, lasers) bold onto the F22 head.

Comment

Working...
                              X