Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Getting Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Gas

I was just getting gas for my car and my friend said it is bad to pump gas because the gas truck was there pumping gas at the same time. Said something like you get all the bad gas or something.

It all depends on where you go/how busy they are. Most pumps will tell you the dates.
    My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

i heard its best to get gas late at night or early morning when its the coolest out cause its denser then. but dunno about the truck thing.

Comment

i don't think it makes a difference. and if it does, it probably won't be anything noticeable. hence, not even worth thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfour84
          i heard its best to get gas late at night or early morning when its the coolest out cause its denser then. but dunno about the truck thing.
          You get more for your money, but not much, so it really doesn't matter when you get it, unless you're OCD.

Comment

The myth is that there could be air bubbles that are caused from the filling from the truck to the underground tanks that could get in the engine and cause damage. Rule of thumb is just try to catch is before of to wait until after the truck is done so that the old and new gas is mixed. It doesn't really matter just preferences.

Comment

air bubbles wouldnt matter at all those tanks arent air proof and when u pump the gas into your car if you had it its just gonna sit on in the top of your tank lol, that has nothing to do with it

Comment

Your friend is wrong.
                It doesn't matter because the truck hooks up to the underground tanks which are pressurized, and it is then distributed to your car.
                Not just straight from the truck.
                (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by accordoholic
                  I was just getting gas for my car and my friend said it is bad to pump gas because the gas truck was there pumping gas at the same time. Said something like you get all the bad gas or something.

haha you get the same gas that hes pumping in, it doesnt matter.

if you're paranoid then figure out the schedule when the gas truck comes in, and get there after to fill up with fresh fuel.

Comment

The only issue I can see is that the truck is stirring up the gas in the underground tank as it fills it. That means any sediment that was at the bottom is now floating. When the truck is not there, that sediment remains undisturbed.

If you're going to a quality station, they're less likely to have a significant amount of sediment... so I wouldn't worry. If you went to some crappy cheap-o place with the same two foreign guys running it 24/7, THEN you might have reason to worry!

MOST stations should filter their gas at the pump anyway. There are some that are supposedly better than others (Sunoco and Exxon, I think I once heard? Never confirmed that). If any don't, it's probably the cheapie no-name ones.

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfour84
                      Newer electronic pumps are temperature compensated, so temp doesn't matter.
                      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by 93spooncb7
                        air bubbles wouldnt matter at all those tanks arent air proof and when u pump the gas into your car if you had it its just gonna sit on in the top of your tank lol, that has nothing to do with it
                        Not sure what you mean by "airproof", but all pumps have air eliminators, so air is NOT metered.
                        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.

Comment

always fillin with mobil..keepin it safe.
                          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                            Your friend is wrong.
                            It doesn't matter because the truck hooks up to the underground tanks which are pressurized, and it is then distributed to your car.
                            Not just straight from the truck.
                            UST's are not pressurised. When testing them after installation, we can only test them to 5psi, which isn't nearly enough to provide the flow required for a busy station.

Gas stations are either a pressure system, with pumps in the tank pressurising the lines, or a vacuum system, with suction pumps in the dispensers.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              MOST stations should filter their gas at the pump anyway. There are some that are supposedly better than others (Sunoco and Exxon, I think I once heard? Never confirmed that). If any don't, it's probably the cheapie no-name ones.
                              All pumps have internal filters, and they don't have a bypass. Slow flow usually means a clogged filter, or a tripped leak detector on a pressure system.

Comment

Working...
                              X