Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

running rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running rich

my car has always ran a bit rich, i had a cel for 02 sensor for a while but i bought a new o2 sensor and it went away. this was about 6 months ago. so i havent had cel for a while now but my car is still running rich and a couple of days ago the cel came on but when i shut car off and started again it never came back on.. what can i do cause it is getting very rich and its starting to screw my car up. what should i do.
    i have 90 ex 5 spd f22a4, intake header exhaust stock muffler.. i seafoamed cleaned out iacv, throttle body, new air filter, changed egr valve. help or im gonna blow my car up!!!
    My Members Ride Thread

Check your injectors if they go bad sometimes they'll just dump fuel. Check your fpr if thats not regulating like it shoudl than it can be forcing fuel. Also check your fuel pump make sure that it is not just sending fuel like crazy. Look into an adjustable fpr and bolt that on. This way you can see what you fuel pressure is at all the time and adjust it accordingly. And dont worry you wont blow the car up but it will make your gas mileage shit.

Thats all i can think of. if your engine threw a code chances are its electrical. Do you know how to pull up codes even if the lights not on? If so do that and check what code comes up. A lot easier than fixing everything just to find out it was something stupid.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

ok im gonna buy a fpr<<<any recomendation on which also how do i check fuel injector and pump and to chekc cel when its not on should i just do the paer clip thing and jump it...also you think it might be a map sensor going bad
      My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob
        my car has always ran a bit rich, i had a cel for 02 sensor for a while but i bought a new o2 sensor and it went away. this was about 6 months ago. so i havent had cel for a while now but my car is still running rich and a couple of days ago the cel came on but when i shut car off and started again it never came back on.. what can i do cause it is getting very rich and its starting to screw my car up. what should i do.
        i have 90 ex 5 spd f22a4, intake header exhaust stock muffler.. i seafoamed cleaned out iacv, throttle body, new air filter, changed egr valve. help or im gonna blow my car up!!!

Hondas always run rich. It's not your fault. It came like that from the factory.

You changed your o2 sensor, which is always a good thing. Now you have a CEL?

Did you pull the code? check the DIY section to find that...car must throw the code to diagnose it.

Find the code then come back to us...yeah, i agree, sounds like a bad MAP sensor...but it can be anything...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
        1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

its not throwing any codes right now
          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
          X