Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sound like a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound like a good deal?

Ok I haven't bought a CB7...yet. My buddy(accordanimal) has convinced me to buy an Accord. I found a 1991 Accord (not sure ex/lx/dx) but it's got 146k miles on it, a dent in the rear tailight, needs a fuse for the heat/radio, and one of the knobs is missing...and it needs a new bearing. The guy said he took it to a mechanic and he said the clutch needs a new bearing, so I'm assuming throw-out bearing. He wants $300 for it. I am positive that I can just get a clutch/flywheel kit and swap it out, I've helped my buddy replace the clutch in his 90 eclipse 3 times. I am thinking that I could basically get away with an awesome cb7 for $500 after a lil work? Sound like a good deal or should I wait til I find something with no problems?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuperTuner12010
    But the cat robs my horses.
    1991 Honda Accord LX Sedan w/5 speed transmission

buy it now...it has armored tail-lights...haha, j/k, but it sounds good, i'd jump on it

Comment

sounds good to me? I would jump on it asap. Especially if no thing is wrong with the body

Comment

The guy said that the trunk was a little messed up? I asked him about it and he said the tailight is the only thing damaged. He said that the passenger side window motor doesn't work, so I'm going to look into seeing how hard that is to fix. The only real downside I see right now is...no moonroof/sunroof. I loved having that in my old car. This is definetly what I'm looking for, a 5sp 4-door Accord, and the mileage isn't too terrible. I'm hoping to go look at it Saturday and hopefully starting working on it after I bring it home! I kinda need this as my daily driver since my 93 Eclipse spun a rod bearing a few weeks ago.
        Quote:

Comment

Ok well here's an update. I got an email from the guy saying the car has been sold. Gah! There was another Accord that I was looking to go see in Chi-town but that one has been sold already too! I'm dying to find a freaking Honda! I was going to post in the classifieds but I need 30 posts. I am just going to keep saving money and searching and eventually I'll come accross the cb7 of my dreams! On a good note I sold my 93 Eclipse w/the engine knocking pretty bad for $550 today.
          Quote:

Comment

ussly that window thing on the pas side is ussly the switch 99.9 % of the time my did that when i first bought the car but u should have jumped on it always more out there good luck on the hunt

(\__/)
            (O.o )
            (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

damn man....that sucks ass...an accord for 300 with minor problems sounds great..most ppl pay upwards of 900..at least the ppl i know of...good luck finding that CB7 of ya dreams

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
              Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
              by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Too bad.
                But, that shouldn't stop you.
                There are plenty of CB7 Accords out there man...trust me, wait and you will find a nice one.
                My theory onthis:
                Most Accords are strictly used for family use.
                Most Accords will be services at Honda.
                Most used Accords Cb7's will be in great condition b/c of that.

and it's a Honda man...

But keep chillin here and you'll get the thirst for the Accord even more...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

My stepdad got a good deal for his cb7...it smoked like hell on the way home, it had an exhaust leak where the owners b4 couldnt replace the sensor, the paint is a lil faded on the roof, and the hood is a lil scratched up, he got is for $300. He put a plug in the exhaust, Changed the oil, stomped the pedal to the floor about 4-5 times just to blow it out some(set for 2 years), just painted his hood flat black down where the creases are going towards the headlights and painted his grill also....THATS WHAT YOU CALL A DEAL...

Thats his DD...

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Hey I would jump on it...

93 CB7 Accord: nuthing specail I/H/E
                    2002 Nissan B15 spec V: VQ35DE swap I/H/E... 100 shot
                    90 Nissan Z32 300ZX TT: Hmmm let say stock
                    My money maker: 12volt Audio and Video Installer

Comment

As long as the engine runs and the body is in OK condition id go for it. You can buy an XTD clutch on ebay for cheap so thats no bigge. GL with your choice man.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well once again, I found two more in the past two days. But by the time people finally answered their phones the cars were already sold. Sooo at least I'm finding a ton of CB7's, I just can't jump on the deals fast enough I guess? If I actually can get a chance to SEE on in person(one for sale) I'll be happy. Oh well, this wait is just giving me more time to save up more $$ for parts/nicer cb7 so that's the upside!
                        Quote:

Comment

Ok I found another cb7, $400 and all it needs is a new transmission. The guy said a rock or something came up and cracked the housing(put a hole in it). I'm a little worried about that explination tho...he said it has new tires(15"), it's a 91, and all he wants is $400. I'm curious as to how expensive a new transmission would be? I am still trying to search around here but I can't seem to search very well. Any input is welcome. I also found a 90 4-door civic w/115k no problems for $800 which I am contacting the owner now.(I know, I know, not a cb7, don't flame me for it! At least it's still in the Honda family!)
                          Quote:

Comment

If you're not afraid of a little work, scoop up that Accord .. I just picked up a 91 that needs a bit of work, but even after I dump a little time & money into it, it'll still be worth every penny; it's a fun little car ... . So, I say go for it!

Comment

Ok guys I found a 90 Accord with 217k miles. The owner(2nd owner of the car since 1990) said that it needs axle work. I'm guessing that wouldn't be that big of a deal, she probably means CV joint? If that's the case I know I can swap the axle in an hour. It has a fair amount of rust around the rear fenders, and the paint clearcoat is basically coming off. I really don't care about asthetics, I really just want a Honda that's going to run and get me around. Plus, it's a 4-door 5speed. She's asking $500 obo. Does that sound like a resonable price? Here's some pics...it looks quite clean inside and doesn't look like it's been modified at all. http://www.flickr.com/photos/90112091@N00/
                              Quote:

Comment

Working...
                              X