Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

idle is going up and down,why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle is going up and down,why?

when I warm up my car in the morning, my idle gets retarded and goes from 2,000 rpm down to 900 rpm and so on. what do I need to do, my friend said that I have to replace a part by my throttle body.
    http://hondashowoff.com/profile_images/full/6489_1144376464.jpg

Try Adjusting your FITV. Its located to the right of the intake mani looking in from the front of the car. There should be a DIY somewhere on here but all you do is screw it back down basically.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

don't worry it's nothing big but u just have to fix that one your get a knew one that happens to alll hondas.... at some point

Comment

Its defintally the FITV It did it on my 89 honda accord could be other things but start there

Comment

Originally posted by honda3
          don't worry it's nothing big but u just have to fix that one your get a knew one that happens to alll hondas.... at some point

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

You may want to clean out your IAC valve.

Get a bottle of carb cleaner and then go to the DIY FORUM...it's there.

If that didn't solve your problem adjust your FIV - fast idle valve...again, it's in the DIY FORUM.

If that didnt help out your idle problem, flush your coolant and properly refill it.

those are the main symptons for a bouncy idle.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
            1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

it could be a few things like, an air bubble in the coolant, egr valve, idle air control valve, pcv valve, vacuum leak, clogged air filter, fast idle valve, clogged fuel filter, ect. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

probrably just a vaccum leak check your hoses.
                R.I.P

Comment

check your throttle body cable. mine does that when i start it. only mine idels at 1500 and drops to 1000. just adjust your throttle body cable and youll be fine. its not a big problem just you use a little more gas.

Comment

just for good measure are you shooting any codes? any check engine lights?

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                      just for good measure are you shooting any codes? any check engine lights?
                      no codes and no engine light, thanks for the reply though
                      http://hondashowoff.com/profile_images/full/6489_1144376464.jpg

Comment

Check Vaccum

Comment

Check the throttle position sensor (TPS) ... Instructions on page '6-8' of your Haynes manual ...

Comment

Fast Idle Valve should be able to fix the problem..Good Luck!
                            It is what it is - so deal with it!

Comment

Working...
                            X