Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Accord LX

Do the heads bolt up different between an A1, A4, and an A6? Cause I have an A1 and I'm not sure what type this head is off of, so does it really matter?

bumpage

Comment

They should be the same...What are you trying to do?

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

As for as I know, the only differences between the A1, A4, and the A6 are the intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, and the A6 has a slightly different cam...or something. And there also might be some, minor, ECU or whatever...stuff...differences.

I own a '91 EX 4 door, with the F22A1, and my dad owns a '91 EX-R wagon, with the F22A6. I've replaced the valve cover gasket on both of them quite recently, and I'll be damned if there's any difference between them.

But that's just my opinion; get a second, and third, and fourth before you start swapping heads...
        1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

Comment

F22a engines will usually swap out parts easily. I havent ran into any probs yet. About to do a H23 head swap (double cam) and its suposed to bolt right on to our F22a. Is the head on your engine fck'd?

Comment

Im not for certain so you should get other opinons, but i thought i heard/read, maybe even saw a pic, that the a1 and a4 headers are 4-1??? I know the a6's are 4-2-1 but i just remember something about the headers being different...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
              Im not for certain so you should get other opinons, but i thought i heard/read, maybe even saw a pic, that the a1 and a4 headers are 4-1??? I know the a6's are 4-2-1 but i just remember something about the headers being different...

Yes they are different but interchangeablity is possible. EX had the Dual runners and 4-2-1 Exhaust manifolds. And as mentioned they also had a slightly more aggressive cam as cats on ice mentioned. But they are swappable. Plus the EX has a slightly more aggressive map if i remember but i could be wrong.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                They should be the same...What are you trying to do?
                well I got the car for free, and idk wether the head or head gasket is bad, but I found a rebuilt head on ebay for $150, so I figure while I'm replacing the head gasket, I'll put a different head on there to, cause I don't have a clue on how much it costs to get these things x-rayed or whatever you need to do to make sure the heads are still good.

Comment

also, is it possible to just take the head off WITH the intake sill bolted on? Cause I don't really feel like trying to fuck around to get the lower bolts, cause I already know those will be a bitch

Comment

Originally posted by pyro_maniac69
                    also, is it possible to just take the head off WITH the intake sill bolted on? Cause I don't really feel like trying to fuck around to get the lower bolts, cause I already know those will be a bitch
                    yea you can just gonna need some finessing to move around.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

awsomeness

Like how much finess?

Comment

Not much. Just make sure you got a buddy to help you out so you dont strain your back.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I might need 3 people then, 2 to pry on the head as evenly as possbile, and one to watch the intake. all well, I don't have the money yet for a head gasket set...Maybe I'll ebay it and save $40.,......hmmmmmm

Comment

Two people is good enough. You can have 3 its up to you after all.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

eh well, this is my first head swap on any car in my life, my only fear is screwing up the timing

Comment

Working...
                              X