Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

front brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front brakes

i was reading up on the front rotors, and aperently they are really hard to get off. Is this true? I just baught some brembo rotors and i want to do it myself, but is it better to let a shop do it? Also what kind of brake pads does everyone recomend. thanks
    1991 Cb7 Coupe 5 Speed--SOLD
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V-- SOLD
    1994 Acura Legend GS
    Car Pics

lol I remember when I replaced mines on for the first time. it took 3 days to do. the bolts were almost melted on.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I just got the aem pads with brembo rotors. Love it!! And yes the rotors are a apin in the ass. Go to a shop, or buy a slide hammer.
      No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

i also noticed that the AEM pads asks which caliber i have. How do i know which one i have. It said there were two diffrent name types.
        1994 Acura Legend GS
        Car Pics

Comment

what year and model is your car? Most have the akebono type caliper, but some coupes run nissin calipers. I think you would just have to check.
          No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

i have a 1991 coupe 5 speed. its got the F22a4. No ABS. Front disc and rear drums. Was it just two diffrent manufactures who made calibers for honda?
            1994 Acura Legend GS
            Car Pics

Comment

I'm not trying to be mean dude...but it's called a "caliper"...not caliber...just tryin to help out...
              My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

you either have akibono or nissin calipers and the pads for both are different. just get the front wheel off and look at the caliper to see which one you have. definetly get the rotors done at a shop. while you are getting the rotors done, get new bearings (sp) while they have it all apart. i have brembo rotors and AEM pads and they stop great.
                And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
                Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

Originally posted by DjSpeedy
                  I just got the aem pads with brembo rotors. Love it!! And yes the rotors are a apin in the ass. Go to a shop, or buy a slide hammer.
                  Why would you need a slide hammer to pull off a rotor? You just unbolt the caliper and you should be able to wiggle the rotor off not that hard.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea i'm gona let a shop do it, but wut pads do you recomend? AEM is a little to much for me right now
                    1994 Acura Legend GS
                    Car Pics

Comment

IF its too much just run OEM. If your gonna invest in aftermarket pads be prepared to spend the money but its worth it in the end.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea, my front brakes dont 'bite' like the pbr ceramics on my other car. i have the akebonos, with i heard was unusual on coupes. so lets get this str8. take off wheel, take off hub bolts, take out hub, take off caliper, take off rotor, put all back together with new parts? im not seeing the difficulty. but it does make me hesitate.
                        92 accord coupe....mmm.basmati! (not) {FOR SALE, buy it!}
                        92 jetta....PLeeze don't even try! SNS digi2'd auto!
                        99 456M GTA.....if u know, u'll cream! FOR SALE!!!!

Comment

when i got my new rotors and pads i got ebc rotors and ebc greenstuff pads the rotors were like $150 and the pads were like $72. it might be a little pricey but i love them.

Comment

Originally posted by rychas1
                            yea, my front brakes dont 'bite' like the pbr ceramics on my other car. i have the akebonos, with i heard was unusual on coupes. so lets get this str8. take off wheel, take off hub bolts, take out hub, take off caliper, take off rotor, put all back together with new parts? im not seeing the difficulty. but it does make me hesitate.
                            you say it like its THAT easy...a lot of the stuff is stuck on there from heat, and age. THe rotor, bolts, and other parts don't come off like candy, and sometimes you need a rubber hammer as well. its really not easy...i watched my mechanic do it once, and it even took him a long time with the knowledge and experience he has and the tools; plus he also owns a cb7.
                            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

you should do that shit yourself. save yourself the money and do it yourself. if you want to work and learn about your car do it yourself. i just replaced my brakes with brembo brakes and it took me a hour or hour and a half the most both sides. if you take it to the shop youll pay more than a 100 to put them on. well i guess it went by so fast for me because i had all the tools so make sure you have all the proper equipment.

Comment

Working...
                              X