Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 Accord Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 Accord Issues

I recently bought a 1990 Honda Accord LX, and I am running into several problems. I've changed out alot of parts since purchased i.e. spark plugs/wires, MAP sensor, and Idle Control Module (?). I believed I had a head leak as well so I ran some Bar's Head repair through it. I flushed the radiator etc. The problem(s) that still remain are listed below:
    1. Erratic Idle - In Park or when slowing down @ lights, it begins to Idle between 1000 to 1800 RPMS. When I am completely stopped at a light and brakes applied, it holds a nice steady idle.

2. Temperature Gauge- The gauge automatically shoots to Hot with the ignition. I have changed the thermostat to a new one. Currently, there is not thermostat inserted, and it's still giving me issues with the read out. I also changed the temperature/coolant sensor under hood.

3. Speedometer - Speedometer chills at 0 while I'm probably cutting through traffic @ 55 mph.

4. Green "S"- On Dashboard, the green S blinks constantly after about a mile on the road. It doesn't matter if I have it switched on or off on the shiftknob. It does it either way.

5. Tires - My front tires are balding. Hit me up with some lol :-)

If anyone can give me some pointers, I'd sure appreciate it. We've been buying part after part. I still have an O2 sensor I haven't installed. But, Thanks in advance!!

1. Could have a vacuum leak somewhere
    2. Could be an open on one of the coolant temp switches which is giving it a false reading.
    3. Check your VSS.
    4. Prob blinking a code jump it...Might be caused by VSS.
    5. Your on your own on that one. Usually there are good deals here and there just gotta find some. I got me some hookups on toyos so i dont really care =D.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

My erratic idle was fixed by replacing my ICM, no clue why it didn't work for you.
      John "Heavy Q"

Comment

erratic idle can be any of the "idle" related sensors on the manifold, an ecu constantly trying to learn to idle, a leak in one of your vacuum lines/ports, a leak in the exhaust manifold/header, a leak around the throttle body plate.....it can be as tricky as those slippery boogers that are too slick to stick to your finger but too "jello-y" to rake out
        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Ok here is an update.. I have fixed the idle problem.. no check engine lights and all that.. now the remaining problems are the temperature gauge.. as soon as i turn the ignition on.. it shoots strait up to hot.. BUT i can drive the car and it dosent overheat. What i need to know is what are the sensors in charge of that action and where can i find them.. or what could be making this false reading?

Comment

your guage could be screwed up ive seen it happen on a fuel guage and the problem was that one of the wires on the coil of the guage was broken

Comment

Working...
            X