Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts?

Anyways, right now i have a 1990 accord lx, and i need to change out my motor mounts, and so i am going to change all 4 of them to new oem ones, but i was wondering, do i need because most likely i am going to do just some simple bolt ons. I/H/C...that kind of stuff. So, i was wondering, if it will make my car vibrate alot?

All 4 of my mounts are gone, and so right now i am just driving like under 2500k rpm everywhere.

My friend is telling me not to get them, cuz they will make my car vibrate alot. What do yaal think?

just find some more junk mounts or take your current ones and fill them with liquid urethane. theres a DIY on here.

i filled mine w/ the mcmaster 80a mixture. simple process and a good money saver (if you were to buy brand new OEM ones).

there is a slight vibration, but you will get used to it within a day or so. i love the shaking of the dash upon start up, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
      just find some more junk mounts or take your current ones and fill them with liquid urethane. theres a DIY on here.

i filled mine w/ the mcmaster 80a mixture. simple process and a good money saver (if you were to buy brand new OEM ones).

there is a slight vibration, but you will get used to it within a day or so. i love the shaking of the dash upon start up, hehe.

lol, see the thing is that, i am getting the mounts shipped for $149 from ebay and theres a person installing them for me for about $100. So, with that in mind, i dont want too much vibration because my dad wants to drive my car also. So, he doesnt like the vibration either.

Oh, offtopic, but i cant wait till i get my Greddy SP2, its on the way, i ordered it and its gonna be here in about 2 more weeks.

Comment

the extra vibration of poly mounts will probably be noticeable. Also keep looking on ebay I saw them for like 14 or 20 each.
        ~ Viva la Roofnips ~
        2006 Evolution MR 13.008 @ 106.7
        2006 WRX Sti (still breaking it in)
        1990 Honda Accord LX-T 15.6 @ 93

Comment

is there a website where i can get them? inlinefour only sells one mount insert. where can i get a whole kit?
          it's been a while but i'm back!!

Comment

If you just use the front dog bone insert from companies like energy suspension, then it will take care of most of your torque issues (that is the sole purpose of that mount) and there is no vibration penalty whatsoever.

Unless you drive like an ass, you can probably reasonable expect a good 150-200K out of OEM replacement mounts. I can assume based on what you are paying, and the fact that they are coming from ebay, that you probably are not getting new OEM ones. They probably won't last as long. Don't know how long they will last, because I don't know who made them. Don't assume if they go bad that it is because of your power though, because some aftermarket ones don't last long on stock accords either.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

These are the Energy Suspension mounts and they are only 14.00 each plus ship. Energy Suspension makes great products that are as good or better than the OEM part.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTOR...2552QQtcZphoto
              Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; 05-17-2006, 09:58 AM.
              ~ Viva la Roofnips ~

Comment

not the whole kit....just the front dogbone which will help nothing in his case. better cough up the dough for NEW ones if you wanna stay stock. dont buy used motor mounts on ebay unless you plan on filling them...and even then 150 is waaay too much for donors...
                Formerly: sheisanonymous

Comment

Those are NEW regular motor mount inserts for an accord. You must specify which one you want.. FR LF RT or RR. They are inserts that you put in your OEM mount housing. You could just do the ones that are broken or you could do all 4.
                  ~ Viva la Roofnips ~

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                    If you just use the front dog bone insert from companies like energy suspension, then it will take care of most of your torque issues (that is the sole purpose of that mount) and there is no vibration penalty whatsoever.

Unless you drive like an ass, you can probably reasonable expect a good 150-200K out of OEM replacement mounts. I can assume based on what you are paying, and the fact that they are coming from ebay, that you probably are not getting new OEM ones. They probably won't last as long. Don't know how long they will last, because I don't know who made them. Don't assume if they go bad that it is because of your power though, because some aftermarket ones don't last long on stock accords either.

well my friend told me not to buy these aftermarket ones. So i asked him the prices from Honda cuz he has a shop and he said that he can get the originals for around $250.

Comment

That's crazy 250.00 (that's more than I gave for my accord).. You could also just fill your stock ones with urethane roof sealant (roofing flash sealant) for 10.00. 24-48hrs to harden. You can do them on the car or take them out and get all the factory rubber out and redo them completely. It comes in a caulk tube. I would either go with the ES mount inserts or do the home depot method. Did your friend give a reason why not to buy the Energy Suspension inserts? I've used their products for years and have nothing but praise. I had a body bushing kit on my Toyota 4wd and shifter bushings on my 3g Eclipse. Both sets made the vehicles superior to the crappy stock rubber.
                      ~ Viva la Roofnips ~

Comment

get the Energy suspension inserts as mr.evo said they are great and the vibrations is absolutley minimum, they will also reduce wheel hop and you can trust es products they are excellent quality i have the hyper flex master system aswell as the mount inserts on my cb7 and it made a world of difference. Vibrations are not an issue i actually get less vibrations than my well worn stockers gave me

Comment

Energy Suspension sells a front dogbone insert? I thought they only sell a insert for the rear for manual cars only? Can someone direct me or show me a picture of what the front ES insert looks like on a accord? I was told this doesn't exist.
                          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I want to see a insert for the front.... my front mount is jacked.
                            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I got on ES's site and found only the rear for manual as well... but I would call them and see what they have. I'm going the home depot method.
                              ~ Viva la Roofnips ~

Comment

Working...
                              X