Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 tranny f block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 tranny f block

do N e body know if a h22 vtech tranny would bolt up to a jdm f22 b block? because the single cam tranny really sucks on the block
    USDM

yes it will, and youll definately notice an improvement in acceleration.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      yes it will, and youll definately notice an improvement in acceleration.
      but a drop in gas mileage...

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
        but a drop in gas mileage...
        why would that happen?
        USDM

Comment

The F tranny is not geared as high as the H. So the H tranny will waste more gas when you get on it. As in going faster.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

I seent your whip on Mayda Rd...I was gonna ask the dudes working on cars in the street if you were around but I just K.I.M....my job is right on 253rd St.

And the H tranny will make your car feel quicker...but you'll be at redline like 10mph earlier in every gear.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08
              The F tranny is not geared as high as the H. So the H tranny will waste more gas when you get on it. As in going faster.
              jordan's right, but not only that, the final gearing is higher, so you will have to keep the engine at a higher rpm to maintain speed, at any speed, and highway speeds will eat up gas quick...try 4k rpm instead of 3k rpm at a given speed..not cool if you are going for fuel mileage!

im thinkin i want to go custom, and get an f22 tranny 5th gear put into an h23 tranny when i do my swap, just cause my university i slike 3 hours away...just close enough to warrant a trip like every other or every third weekend..*sigh*

Comment

jordan's right, but not only that, the final gearing is higher, so you will have to keep the engine at a higher rpm to maintain speed, at any speed, and highway speeds will eat up gas quick...try 4k rpm instead of 3k rpm at a given speed..not cool if you are going for fuel mileage!

im thinkin i want to go custom, and get an f22 tranny 5th gear put into an h23 tranny when i do my swap, just cause my university i slike 3 hours away...just close enough to warrant a trip like every other or every third weekend..*sigh*

so it seems like the f22 tranny is the better tranny to go with... right
                USDM

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                  I seent your whip on Mayda Rd...I was gonna ask the dudes working on cars in the street if you were around but I just K.I.M....my job is right on 253rd St.

And the H tranny will make your car feel quicker...but you'll be at redline like 10mph earlier in every gear.

yea i live on mayda those dudes across r really cool
                  USDM

Comment

if you are really concerned about gas milage, saty with the accord tranny. The h tranny just has shorter gearing, for improved excelleration, so if you plan on taking long trips stay with the original. I have a h22 tranny with the accord 5 gear put in, cause 4th are the same. all was measured by the tech. everything is cool. i have the same gas milage, just that 4th to 5th transition are lil different cause it almost bogs out
                    1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
                    2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
                    3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
                    Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
                    Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

if that guy^ has what he says..thats a good setup..although, if not for the ease of the swap, if i had the chance to get exactly what i wanted, i would use the h22 first and second gears, then the h23 third and fourth gears, and then the f22 fifth gear.
                      the only advantage to using the f22 tranny is that the longer gears are useful on a turbo application (you can gain more speed with each gear, since the extra power makes gears go by much faster). i recommend that you go with the h22 with an f22 fifth gear if you are concerned about gas mileage, or just go full h22 if you dont care about mileage..its not like its gonna be a huge drop in mpg.

Comment

i plan on sticking with all motor right now cause i am wanting to get 11-1 pistons. with blockguard. If i decide to go turbo, i will just put the f tranny back in. But i did try the prelude 1 and 2 then the rest accord gears. But The car almost always de-bock-eled after the 2 to 3 shift. WHen i was saving gas around town, i would shift before 3.5 and goin into 3 it would bum down to like 1.3 instead of like 2.3. So i was trying different combos and that is what i came up with.
                        1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled

Comment

de-bock-eled? wtf??

Comment

I've thought about that also! I've thought about getting an H-series swap and put an F22 5th gear in the H-series transmission.

Comment

de-bock-eled? wtf??
                              the car almost double over in shuting off, cause the rpms were so low.

Comment

Working...
                              X