Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering Springs on Stock Struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering Springs on Stock Struts

Hey guys! This is my first time posting on here. I recently purchased megan racing lowering springs for my 1991 honda accord. I thought everything would go smoothly, yet it turns out using my lowering springs made specifically for this car are a problem. After installing all 4 lowering springs on the stock struts, I noticed some banging and clanging when hitting bumps. It happens with both up and down motion. Upon further inspection under the hood, my strut went completely out of place and shifted! I re adjusted and made sure it was seated right, and it was. Hour later the other side did the same thing! I’m totally lost and i’m fairly sure everything was installed correctly. Even made sure top spacers were in so that it wouldn’t shift yet it still did.
    Anyways my car with only 80k miles seems ruined, and i’m afraid I can’t drive it cus it continues to shift and make noise. Is any one experienced with lowering springs on stock struts? should I just save and get coils? I’m lost!
    Lowering Springs for Honda Accord 90-97

Welcome to the forum!

What do you mean "shifting"? what's moving? pics?
    if assembled correctly the spring and shock should basically never be able to go anywhere, as the top of the shock is captive in the top hat bushings.

the problem with lowering springs is if they're *too* lowered, and you don't get enough preload on the spring, they can hop out of the top hat on a strong rebound where they reach full extension. the spring requires a sufficient preload to stay seated in the top hat. is that what's happening? did you have to compress the springs much to install the top hats or was it a drop into place and bolt?

really the *right* option is to get shocks with shorter shafts designed for lowered springs, or coilovers... but, i think your setup should work otherwise. I've unfortunately not touched lowering anything before... and probably won't.

Comment

Like I said on Reddit. Please post pictures of how the strut and spring is assembled. That will help us help you more.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

It looks like your bushings are not installed properly or are the wrong ones. As the entire top of the shock should be retained in the top hat. Clearly it's popping out and your shock isn't even functioning properly.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
        X