Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay Turbo Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Turbo Timers

I was browsing around ebay to look around for turbo timers and found many knock offs and no name brands. But if I were to install one in my car could it possibly damage my car or cause trouble compared to a brand name turbo timer?

I don't have turbo in my car. I just want it so it can cool down my engine after a drive.

I wouldn't say they would act any different than a name brand. Main thing to see is if they have the easy to hook up connection that the name brands have.

Are you getting it to cool your engine or turbo?

If it is for the turbo and it is water cooled then it isn't as needed as a turbo that isn't.

Mike

Proud Sponsor of Neon 2005

Michael Holton
    General Manager/Owner
    Phantom Performance
    AIM: Phantomhp
    http://www.phantomhp.com

Comment

I just want it to cool down the engine. Thnx for the info though, I will likely buy one now.

Comment

If your engine is getting hot enough to require a post-drive cool-down period, then you need to fix your cooling system. There is no reason for your engine to get that hot. Turbo timers are used on turbo systems because of the extreme temperatures that a turbo sees during hard driving; the concern is the turbo itself, rather than the engine. .. In my opinion, having a turbo timer on a n/a car would just make you look like a poser. Unless you've got some other great reason for it??

Comment

Getting a turbo timer is a nice item to have for a boosted vehicle especially if you love to run your car hard. Second if you put a boost controller on an NA vehicle you deserve to be hung for doing such a thing.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hahaha hung? wow~ I dont want to look like a poser. well I was just concerned about the engine being so old thinking that more summer days would kill it faster. I guess I wont get it anymore, dont want to hassle with the wires.

Comment

Though it probably doesn't need it, if you're just looking to keep your engine a little cooler, then just wire a switch to the the cooling fan. Then, you could turn it on as you see fit.

p.s. Haha, "hung" is a little harsh! lol ...

Comment

Hmmmm really, I remember a thread mentioning something like that. Im guessing all you do is look for the fan wire located around the engine bay and then splice it, extend the wires, and hook em up to a switch. If this is correct, then maybe I'll make a DIY for it.

Comment

There's several ways to do it. You could hotwire the fan to a switch, and remove it from it's existing circuit (requiring the switch to turn it on/off). A better way would be to splice into it with another relay though, without disabling the relay it's already on. And an even better way would be to wire a 'trigger' wire into the existing relay, by splicing into the loom, below the engine-bay fuse panel. And unless you plan to rewire the circuit to have a 'negative trigger', then you'd better be sure to put a fuse in your new circuit. .. If you plan to write a DIY on it, then be sure to do your homework first. Otherwise, you'll have several pages of debates regarding the 'correct' way of doing it, and it's value will quickly be outweighed by the inconvenience. ..

Comment

If you're looking for the fan wires, the plug is right near the bottom of your coolant overflow reservoir.

Comment

Well I like the relay idea, it seems alot easier then the negative trigger and positive trigger??? Don't understand it at all? But I will be doing some research on relays and have a post up to show the fan switch(hopefully). Thnx for the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X