Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cooling

In the last few weeks my car has started to cool heat up really slow and once i ge it to aperating temp i drive it a few miles and it cools off completly. I have changed the thermostat and flushed the coolant.. 50/50 mix. The problem still remains. anyone has a new things i should check?

Real Men Get Blown

remove the thermostat

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostCB7
      In the last few weeks my car has started to cool heat up really slow and once i ge it to aperating temp i drive it a few miles and it cools off completly. I have changed the thermostat and flushed the coolant.. 50/50 mix. The problem still remains. anyone has a new things i should check?
      I think you need to get another thrmostat. Be sure to get a OEM thermostat.
      From the sounds of things your old and new thermostats are stuck open. Which is causeing the engine to cool down when you start moving.

Originally posted by Night Wolf
      remove the thermostat
      ummm NO. that would cause the same issue as the one he's having. Don't remove the thermostat unless it's over heating constantly (happens when the thermostat is stuck closed). And install a new OEM thermostat as soon as you can.
      Last edited by pwrusr; 06-12-2006, 09:56 PM.
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

I would check the temp sensor you could have a lose connection causing it to read nothing just another idea hope you figure it out.

Comment

Working...
        X