Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Weird engine: help on specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird engine: help on specs

Does any one of you fine people know what the specs are for a F22A2? I looked all over the net, but this seems to be a phantom of an engine...
    It sits in a 1992 CB7 EXi, 2.2L SOHC 16V non-VTEC PGM-FI
    I'd greatly appreciate any info!

HONDAMENTALISM

Ok, I seem to have deleted someone's reply.... (sorry, my first posts here )
    Someone said that I should have checked the sticky thread with the f series specs. First thing I did - I mean it is at the top of the page...
    There is absolutely no mention of F22A2... only F22A1/4/6.
    So, if anyone's got hp/tq i'd be most grateful

HONDAMENTALISM

Comment

The f22a2 engine code from what I can find is 94-97 accord ex 2.2 sohc vtec with 145 hp. That is all the info I have on this. Sorry guy hope this helped.

I wonder if someone swapped the bottom end out at one point. Mabey got a yard motor and used the top end off the f22a1or 4 or 6. Either way I dont know.
      Last edited by brandenbmx; 04-19-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

maybe its from an accord in your area?

I have never heard of the motor.....EVER!

well it does exist...try searching google or yahoo. I guess it came in 94-97 accord ex and it is a sohc vtec.

http://www.24kracing.com/how_to/Hond...ne%20Codes.doc
        No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

only the a1/4/6 were available in the US... a2, a3, and i would assume a5 (though ive never heard mention of this one anywhere) were foreign. you wont find any mention or specs about it, because nobody here in the US can get one, or has ever seen one... maybe some of the other overseas guys can help you out with this one.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by jszuba
            Ok, I seem to have deleted someone's reply.... (sorry, my first posts here )
            Someone said that I should have checked the sticky thread with the f series specs. First thing I did - I mean it is at the top of the page...
            There is absolutely no mention of F22A2... only F22A1/4/6.
            So, if anyone's got hp/tq i'd be most grateful
            no it was me, cause I tought you were talking about the f22a1...

It was me that deleted my post

Comment

i assume it would be extremely similiar to the f22b1
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Yeah, I was doing some deleting too so I thought it was me...

I figured that with this amount of Accords in the US someone would have come across this engine, so hence the question...
                Indeed it is a KY region, japanese production without EGR etc. My dad bought it new in '92 in Kuwait, but cannot remember for hell what the specs are, so I know nobody changed anything. Don't be fooled by my address - we took the car back home with us - wonder why? ;D
                Moreover, I was told that it also came in a Prelude, but whenever I type in F22A2 the web throws me specs for a VTEC...

But I do appreciate your help guys! Thanks!

I think I'll do a 'frontal assult' on honda with this question, see what they throw back at me
                Last edited by jszuba; 06-13-2006, 03:09 PM.

HONDAMENTALISM

Comment

I doubt the f22a2 engine is comparable to an f22b1, you did say it was non-vtec... The f22b1 was put into accords from 1994-1997. Sohc vtec engines weren't put in 1992 accords from the factory for sure. If the engine was swapped from a newer accord though I guess it could be similar...but then it would be vtec. All the engine specs I can find on it are pretty vague. It really seems like all the sites with the specs copied and pasted from each other. So hard to say, imo it would be similar to the f22a1 or f22a4. (I really don't think they would badge a newer sohc vtec engine with f22ax, more likely f22bx)
                  Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                  Project 240SX
                  Originally posted by chillin943
                  anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                  Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

I am assuming it was made in Japan, right? The first number in the VIN is J?
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

That is exactly what I came across on the web: specs copied over and over again. And yes, it was made in the Saitama Factory, Japan
                      Last edited by jszuba; 06-13-2006, 05:08 PM.

HONDAMENTALISM

Comment

Originally posted by jszuba
                        That is exactly what I came across on the web: specs copied over and over again. And yes, it was made in the Saitama Factory, Japan

PICS PICS PICS PICS PLEASE !!!! I WANT TO SEE PICS!!!!!!

Comment

Closest I'm seeing is 145hp noted in 1992 on JDM CB7 models noting the engine being F22A.
                          http://alljapanesecars.com/viewcr.ph...yr=1992&mc=CB7
                          But again that sounds like the same spec as the USDM F22A6. We should really track this info and make a master list including USDM and JDM together.
                          '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                          EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Well, as I said, I'll give Honda some history homework to do, and will post what I find ASAP. That is IF they will not ignore me

HONDAMENTALISM

Comment

Working...
                            X