Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

frustrated beyond all get-out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frustrated beyond all get-out...

ok, 299k and i've tinkered with the FIV, FITV, IACV, idle screw, cleaned and flushed my radiator, checked for vacuum leaks. everything that i can think of and my car's idle is still oscillating from about 900-1500 rpm. it will rev up and drop, rev up and drop, rev up and drop. it's driving me insane. should i just set my idle up slightly, and unplug my iacv valve? i'm honestly going to get rid of this thing if i can't fix it soon, i can't stand it.
    it also dies sometimes. like, i will be driving in 2nd or 3rd, sometimes even 4th, and it will lug and lose power, and unless i floor it, or clutch and rev it, it will continue to lose even more power till it backfires, then it will go on like nothing happened. what's wrong with it?

*awaits h22sparkle's response*

I know nothing...but it's probably something vacuum related. I had to remove my throttle body once, and I plugged a hose that was once loose...my throttle would stick for no reason. It drove me nuts. I unplugged the hose and the problem I created went away.

Any CEL's? Good luck.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy

I know nothing...but it's probably something vacuum related. I had to remove my throttle body once, and I plugged a hose that was once loose...my throttle would stick for no reason. It drove me nuts. I unplugged the hose and the problem I created went away.

Any CEL's? Good luck.
      i have a 43 or 41, whatever the fuel system one is. but i dont know what the idle problem is. and if sparkle has a smart comment, he can shove it. i've read and offered advice on all the other threads like this. i am asking a similar, but differently specific question. besides, sparkle is no rocket scientist to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy

Any CEL's? Good luck.
        how would your throttle stick? just when you start it up, like after its been sitting, or like, you couldnt accelerate while driving?

Comment

Try the TPS sensor I didnt see it listed as something you have looked at but the tps sensor will cause you car to idle like that. Also for the backfiring my friends civic had a bad tps and occasionally it would try to die and back fire when he fixed it it all went away we figured it was dumping to much gas into the engine hope this helps you.

Comment

bad O2 sensor, is related to ur 41 and 43 CELs, and thats causing the loss of power and teh chugging then backfires, then suddenly goes! i had this problem once before...get a new O2... ur idle issue could be related to this, and it could also be a vacuum leak OR tps...... when u say u tinkered with things...did u clean the IACV and get a new gasket????

just my .02
            Sean
            F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
            Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

it could also be something to do with the ignition system...from the dizzy to the plugs...what exactly, i dont know

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I assume you checked your tps and cleaned out your egr already....
                Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                Project 240SX
                Originally posted by chillin943
                anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                  bad O2 sensor, is related to ur 41 and 43 CELs, and thats causing the loss of power and teh chugging then backfires, then suddenly goes! i had this problem once before...get a new O2... ur idle issue could be related to this, and it could also be a vacuum leak OR tps...... when u say u tinkered with things...did u clean the IACV and get a new gasket????

just my .02
                  Sean
                  Yup...same exact thing happened to me. I got a consistent backfire around 1800rpms, then one day it got really bad and died...CEL code 41 galore. I replaced it, and my car runs a little better. Still get CEL's though.

But before the CEL came on my car ran like absolute shit. I think it died a few times too, and wouldn't start on occasion. I changed the sensor and it runs like a champ. 2nd gear chirps= no problem

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                  X