Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Superchargers???!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superchargers???!?!?!

Ok I was on Andie'sautosport website just a few minutes ago and i was just browsing through when it said in the performance section of 90-93 accords that there are supercharger kits. I am confused I've only heard that turbos can be put on our cars but superchargers? I know that section didn't used to be there a few months back, so is it just a mistake on the website or is it true this is very interesting.
    http://www.andysautosport.com/vehicle/home?_v=vmd00185

"Mind Over Matter, If I Don't Mind, It Doesn't Matter"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2049267

Looks like a universal kit... Honestly, Vortech isn't one of the best supercharger companies out there anymore. Their design was copied from another, older, centrifugal supercherger design. I've seen lots of negative campaigning by them against other companies (specifically Procharger).

The information there is too sketchy, so I wouldn't want to get involved with it. Notice that it says "all cars/trucks/suvs" if you follow the link. If I wanted to go with a supercharger, I'd go with the Procharger universal sport compact kit.

Comment

if u click and go into it, all it is is links to different super chargers there are no actual kits that bolt on.

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

thats why i was sketchy on it, cause i havnt heard of SC's cb7s, hmmm weird

Comment

I'm quite interested in the Procharger, however. Jonas mentioned it yesterday, and now I'm researching it. Still planning on going NA with my H22, but I'm curious.

Comment

technically, you can supercharge anything, it jsut depends on what you are looking for. personally, if i was going to do something, i would supercharge it, but thats just me, and i would want a roots-style blower on it.

i think the reason you dont see alot of supercharged CB7s is the culture around sport compacts, honestly. think about it, the sport compact cuture seems to flock towards cars with turbos, like the skyline, supra, evo, etc.
            plus, there arent a WHOLE lot of people tuning 90-93 accords, either. we are kind of a niche market.

Member's Ride Page!

Comment

The sport compact crowd is SO different from the hotrod crowd... I picked up a hotrod magazine the other day, and they talked about fabrication like we talk about bolting on an intake! If we can slap it on our cars in a weekend or less, it's too much work for us!

The biggest issue with superchargers and our cars is that nobody makes a kit for us. There is some planning, cutting, welding, and failure involved. Jackson Racing makes a kit for the H22, which could be adapted to fit the F22... or installed on an H22 swap. However, clearance is an issue with both the firewall and the strut towers.

I believe centrifugal supercharging is the smartest route for us.

Comment

you could build it like this, instead of mounting it on top of the manifold.
                http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...t=supercharger
                And i think you have to find a supercharger that spins backwards too.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

interesting, very interesting. that looks like a pretty cool setup, but also looks like there would be clearence problems
                  Last edited by Tman6925; 07-05-2006, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah i thought about that, and plus the s/c sits over the header.
                    eaton inefficiency+exhaust temp.= high ass intake temp

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

thats pretty sweet! that dont look too hard to do, but yeah, clearance=not good. i am sure there is a way to do it with that type of blower, it'd jsut take a bit of cutting and welding. and maybe a new hood.

personally, i would have no problem with fabricating stuff. i kinda fall into both categories. i love my honda, but, i also love muscle cars and hotrods. i guess i am kind of a black sheep.

Member's Ride Page!

Comment

I'm with you there

I'm seriously considering the Procharger now... if it's compatible with my 10.6:1 compression, I think I might do it.

Comment

i know that i definiteley not doing anything until i get the H22. whats teh point in doing a bunch of work to the F if i am going to swap it out anyway, you know? i was really thinking about ITBs, but thats another forum.

Member's Ride Page!

Comment

I've always wondered about the drivability with ITBs...

Comment

FUCK that place, I ordered a Walboro fuel pump from them and they never sent it, never answered teh phone, or returned any of my messages or emails.

Comment

Working...
                              X