Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Running Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Rich

hey im in need of some help, my cb7 is running pretty rich and it blows black smoke out of the tailpipe so i am wondering what it could be that is making it run so rich? its a 91 lx with 145000 miles and i recently changed the water pump timing belt and other belts and seals, im not sure if that would really affect anything
    well any help would be greatly appreciated

are you throwing a check engine light and when was the last time you changed your O2 censor?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Check timing of the engine

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
        are you throwing a check engine light and when was the last time you changed your O2 censor?
        No CEL is not on and i havent changed my O2 censor, mabey ill try that

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
          Check timing of the engine
          ok ill try that too im pretty sure its timed right, wouldnt there be other symptoms of having it not timed right though?

Comment

could be a faulty or leaking fuel injector, bad spark plugs, ignition timming, ect. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
              could be a faulty or leaking fuel injector, bad spark plugs, ignition timming, ect. later.
              i had first thought it was a fuel injector, because it was smoking black before the timing belt and water pump change. How can i check the injectors? ill pull out the spark plugs to see if they need changing also thanks

Comment

check the condition of the plugs first. look for one or more to be extra clean than the others. this would point to injector leakage.

pull out the injectors and check for a clean spot inside the intake manifold. (you should probally get a manual to follow the fuel relief procedures)normally there is black/brown gunk inside the intake runners and if the gas leaks around the injector seals, it will clean that goop away, so it will be super clean in one spot vs the other runners where there is no leak.

a clogged air filter could also cause your car to burn to much fuel. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                X