Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Transmission acting strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission acting strange

90 accord Ex auto
    My car was working fine one day. The next morning I started it didn't want to go into gear at all (stock in park). I could have driven it if I had use the KEY lock to move the shift into Drive, but it was sluggish in D4. When I put it in first gear it move sluggish until I get pass 2000 RPMS. The next problem is that i could only use 3 and 1 because 4 and 2 wouldn't shift to the next gear, so I had to shit it manually jump to 3 from first. I had my dad take it home and check it out. My brother drove it and he was only able to use 1 and 3 to get back to savannah from atlanta. Today my dad drove it and he said that he shifts normal now.
    WTF. car again
    Please help
    GT
    New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
    tsx retrofit
    f22b dohc boosted
    custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

How is your trannny fluid level also what color is it. One other thing no knows your car better then you everyone said my tranny was fine and shifted normail, they said i didnt need to change the fluid and when i did it was black and smelled like it was burnt, but wrost yet tons of metal flakes in it. so you never know.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

i would change the tranny fluid and see what it does after that and how well it drives
      1991 Honda Accord
      www.animatedimages.org

Comment

I Would try and Flush and Change the Fluid.....

Comment

like the people above me said , i'd change the tranny fluid if i were you.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Great Advice

Great advice guys, i am having the same problem i will invest in a fluid change as soon as possible. Gtseviper did you also notice your D4 dash indicator blinking?

Comment

I had the same problem last week...changed my shift solenoid and works great! When it gets stuck in park, that means your lock solenoid is toast...and when its not shifting correctly, most likely your shift solenoid is toast. So sounds like both your solenoids are bad. Kinda pricey to get brand new...around $150 per solenoid. Sometimes you can get lucky and get one at the junkyard but good luck. I have the lock solenoid for sale right now check the link in my sig. Good Luck

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

Also xwade01 has the shift solenoid for sale. I was going to but it off him until I got lucky and found one.

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

Well guys you were right. I had my dad check on it for me since I was carless and he brought his to me.

The oil was black as hell and man does the transmission drive better. I am getting a better feel from the engine. Gass milage is went back up to where is it should be 17-20 miles city
                  thanks
                  guys
                  New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                  tsx retrofit
                  f22b dohc boosted
                  custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

I am having a similar problem with the new transmission I installed. The car runs great and the transmission fluid is perfect because I just put in 6 new quarts of Honda ATF when I installed it. The D4 light is blinking and I pulled the code and it was a code 7...TPS sensor is faulty. When I shift it to 1, it still seems like it starts out in 2nd and will shift fine when I manually shift from 2nd to 3rd then to D4...When I put it in D4, it feels like it shifts from 1st to 3rd at around 25 mph (around 3k rpm). I was thinking the TCU was bad but I guess I need to replace the TPS before I do that. Any other suggestions?
                    07 Kia Sportage (Her car)
                    91 Accord EX (My car)

04 BMW R1150RS (My bike)

Comment

Originally posted by johnwiltfongjr
                      I am having a similar problem with the new transmission I installed. The car runs great and the transmission fluid is perfect because I just put in 6 new quarts of Honda ATF when I installed it. The D4 light is blinking and I pulled the code and it was a code 7...TPS sensor is faulty. When I shift it to 1, it still seems like it starts out in 2nd and will shift fine when I manually shift from 2nd to 3rd then to D4...When I put it in D4, it feels like it shifts from 1st to 3rd at around 25 mph (around 3k rpm). I was thinking the TCU was bad but I guess I need to replace the TPS before I do that. Any other suggestions?
                      Im having a similar problem... except i don't have a blinking light. just that D4 stays on no matter what position the shifter is in. I replaced the shifter solenoid. and got a tranny flush today. also i was driving on the highway and all of a sudden the only gear i had was 3rd. so i pulled over and shut it off. started it up again and it was fine...so tranny seems to be fine. not too sure what the problem is...any ideas? this only happens periodicly. not all the time

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

Originally posted by rocesride
                        Im having a similar problem... except i don't have a blinking light. just that D4 stays on no matter what position the shifter is in. I replaced the shifter solenoid. and got a tranny flush today. also i was driving on the highway and all of a sudden the only gear i had was 3rd. so i pulled over and shut it off. started it up again and it was fine...so tranny seems to be fine. not too sure what the problem is...any ideas? this only happens periodicly. not all the time

Maybe the TCU? I am in the Navy and work in electronics and sometimes the only way to correct a problem in a system is to shut it down and start it back up....maybe that is what is happening with your tranny. Electronics are funny like that...good luck and I will definately keep watching this thread...
                        07 Kia Sportage (Her car)
                        91 Accord EX (My car)

04 BMW R1150RS (My bike)

Comment

Originally posted by johnwiltfongjr
                          Maybe the TCU? I am in the Navy and work in electronics and sometimes the only way to correct a problem in a system is to shut it down and start it back up....maybe that is what is happening with your tranny. Electronics are funny like that...good luck and I will definately keep watching this thread...
                          so is there a way to reset my TCU? or should I just replace it?

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

^^ Id try disconnecting your battery and clearing everything.

I too have been having tranny problems. I drained and refilled with honda ATF because of rough downshifting into overdrive and it helped alot but theres still a slight jerk. And it does it the worst during the day when its hot but in the mornings it shifts smooth. Should I drain and refill 2-3 times like Iv heard? Or is my gear all f*cked up? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGen4dr
                              ^^ Id try disconnecting your battery and clearing everything.

I too have been having tranny problems. I drained and refilled with honda ATF because of rough downshifting into overdrive and it helped alot but theres still a slight jerk. And it does it the worst during the day when its hot but in the mornings it shifts smooth. Should I drain and refill 2-3 times like Iv heard? Or is my gear all f*cked up? Anyone?

check you're motor and tranny mounts...

Comment

Working...
                              X