Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dash lights flashing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash lights flashing..

ok people.. i come to you once again with a problemo.. last week... the oil light would come on, and blink and flash and go out once the rpm's climb.. then turn off then come back on later.. so i changed the oil pressure switch... on the back of the block, between the oil filter and the intake mani.. now within the last few days the BATTERY light is doing the same thing.. and sometimes when i put the blinker on it would blink along with the blinker. the battery is good. so is the altenator.. the charging system is working fine. Sooo.. someone point me in the right direction please...

bumpity bump bump

Comment

Hmmm I havent hread of that problem, or maybe i should say this i havent had the issues yet, bump to find the problem

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Is the car acting strange? If it isn't, it might be a fuse for the dash. The battery light blinking with the blinkers gives it away.

generic short-ram
        generic strut tower bar
        hid bulbs all around
        amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

The battery light blinking is usually something telling you tha the charging system is insufficient. I would check you battery and your alternator to see if its charging properly.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well its not running funny.... it is a bit hard to start at times.. but i believe its a combustion issue i am working on that as we speak..

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              The battery light blinking is usually something telling you tha the charging system is insufficient. I would check you battery and your alternator to see if its charging properly.
              Battery and altenator are working properly

Comment

1)-clean your grounds more or less your battery terminals and check the condition of your negative battery cable.

2)-if your battery/ charging light is blinking there a problem somewhere..its not running as it should. just because your battery and alternator are good doesn't mean your starter solenoid, or starter motor is bad. i say that since you say it tough to start sometimes. and the starter is a subsystem of the charging system. so check your starter and the clean up the connections. check for CEL'S. finally as 93ex said check your fuses to.

3)- a third possibility is a bad or faulty ignition switch. but check your grounds 1st then your starter.

4)- i guess your not on a lucky streak with your car..

Comment

check all your connections, make sure your battery cables are clean and tight, check the plug into the alternator, it may be a little loose or have corroded terminals. hope you find the problem

Comment

flashing lights are idot lights. means somethings wrong with your car. hows your oil. my oil pressure light came on right before i blew my engine. it flashed a me cause i spun a bearing. you could have a blown engine. but its still running. um does your car want to stall at idel or what. how long has this been going on. need more info. when it started, oil level, oil psi, what. your losing oil pressure somewhere.
                    Last edited by whatever210; 07-17-2006, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whatever210
                      flashing lights are idot lights. means somethings wrong with your car. hows your oil. my oil pressure light came on right before i blew my engine. it flashed a me cause i spun a bearing. you could have a blown engine. but its still running. um does your car want to stall at idel or what. how long has this been going on. need more info. when it started, oil level, oil psi, what. your losing oil pressure somewhere.

don't scare the guy

Comment

sorry i wasnt trying to scare you lol i just wanted you to catch it if you did have something internally wrong before it got worse. but just keep your eye on the oil.

Comment

Where are all the ground connections I should check?

Comment

theres one under the starter and on the fram of the car right by the battery and i think thats it. just follow your black ground wire from the battery.

Comment

Working...
                            X