Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Knock sensor????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knock sensor????

I swapped an H23 into my 92 accord and did not hook up my knock sensor. If your wondering why its because i didn't have the pin to wire into the ecu. I drive the car daily and was wondering what harm it will do if i leave it unhooked? Will i be loosing power or possibly damage some internal parts? Any info will be very very helpful. Thanks

anyone know what a knock sensor is?????

Comment

shoudnt hurt your car, do you notice your car bogling? if so your running limp mode.

Comment

I don't know what you meen by bogling but it is kind of hesitant at low rpm. It feels like it wants to go at low range and as soon as it hits 2 grand it just takes off.

Comment

My buddy replaced his yesterday in an H22, it's something you need to have hooked up. Basically, it senses detonation and other timing related issues via means of a ultra-sensative ceramic mic..... and adjusts the timing accordingly. After it was changed, the car ran noticably better. That, and the EGR was crammed full of carbon.

They are over $100 new from Honda though.....
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Yea i know there pretty expensive. Since it is my daily driver i just can't find a time when the motor is cool and im able to reach back there to plug in the wire without burning myself...

Comment

isn't the knock sensor only for vtec engines? the h23 sould be straight without one.
              CHEAP.RELIABLE.FAST. but you can only choose two

Comment

I don't know if it is just for vtech or not. But if i change over to the stock f22 ecu wont it put the speed limiter back to 115 or around that speed.

Comment

original ecu

my undersatnding is yes it will, but at the same time your car will run like it should until you have the time to get that knock sensor wire in correctly. For a DD you should just chill a couple of days till its fixed Then go faster than 100. So IMO that would be what I would do!
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

i don't go over 100 anyways well at least i don't think i do cause the speedometer stopped working when i did the swap. Probably the vss. But i guess i could always run my stock ecu. Thanks

Comment

First of all if your KS is not hooked up and your car isnt runnin properly DO NOT GO PAST 100...I dont even know why you would need to go that fast on a daily basis. The KS retards timing if it senses anything like detonation and all that in the motor. SO it will slightly hinder performance. And no the KS did not only just come in VTEC motors. They also came in non vtec motors.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have only taken it up past 100 once, for sure that i know about. you always have to test something out when you do a swap or some performance mods. but i am actually going to the junkyard today to get some other things and im driving my moms car there so when i get back i can hook up the KS withoput burning the shit out of myself. Thanks for all the info.

Comment

Update on the KS: I hooked it up after going to the junkyard and man does she run better. It doesn't sputter at low end anymore and has more pickup[ through the gears. Thought i should let everyone know. Thanks again for everyones help.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out. Have fun with it.

L8r
                            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                            01-01-2019

Comment

that is my problem to my headswap.

i get hesistation and when the CEL comes on (just check it, knock sensor), it loses all power.

looks like ill be running the pt6 ecu.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X