Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7 Governor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Governor ?

Is there some CB7’s that don’t have a governor? The reason I ask is because I was talking to some SO Cal buddies last night and they were both saying that about 110-115 mph the governor kicks in and it slow down . I never had that problem and have done over 120
    ????????????
    14 Shot by primecb7, on Flickr

it's the ecu. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

EX dont have governor unlike the LX and DX.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yep i have an lx and i can only go 115

Comment

LOL I always thought a CB7's speed governor was a combination of wind+mass.

But yeah, the lesser models had a governor thanks to Honda's legal dept. in response to the S- or T-rated tires they came with.

EX and SE models came with (I'm pretty sure) H-rated tires ("good" for up to 130mph) and so wind+mass was enough of a "governor" there.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

I got my ecu chipped, i think the gov is gone, havent really beat on my car yet, hummmm, let go find out.

Comment

Somewhere here at home I have the Car & Driver that reviewed the NEW 1990 Honda Accord. If memory serves, they stated that the car was governed for 119 mph. Don't know about any differences from the LX/DX cars though..
              1990 Accord EX 4dr Purchased New 8/21/90
              1999 Explorer XLT V8
              2001 Mustang Bullitt #2818

Comment

if you can take your car over 115 you have the ex ecu. its called a pt6. if you cant take it over 115 theny you have an lx or dx ecu which is a pt3. you can go to a junk yard and get a ecu from another car, sick it in yours and have no speed gov. but other than that. but get a pt6. if you dont have duel runners your gunna take forever to get to 130 so it wont matter if you have pt6. the dual runners help a lot.

Comment

dats a lie about the EX not having a gonverner. i had an EX and it stopped at 115. i was never able 2 get higher than that. unless yall are talkin about the 92 and 93 EX

Comment

ooh yeah i forgot to say that. only for the 92 -93 exs.

Comment

Originally posted by TMP912
                      I got my ecu chipped, i think the gov is gone, havent really beat on my car yet, hummmm, let go find out.

or just open your map and see what your rev limit is at. noob.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

he said speed gov not rev limiter.

Comment

same thing, he can do that to.

Comment

lmao.

look on his MAP? how do u do that.

Comment

open uberdata, open his map. go to rev limits, set it at w/e he wants

he has a p06.

Comment

Working...
                              X