Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question about obx products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about obx products

ive installed obx headers on my car and am about to install and obx catback as well

anyone know how good obx products are by any chance, or what kind of sound ill end up with?

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Their exhausts aren't bad. Their AEM copy pulleys aren't the correct width and the belt will slip off. Their older LSD's had lots of problems, but their recent ones seem to be holding up much better. All I'm using of theirs is their iridium spark plugs because I got all 4 for $10 (much less then NGK or Denso). Been in there about a year and they're still working fine
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

ah well its good to hear theyre exhausts arent horrible

i knew i wasnt going to get something amazing, i didnt have the money to get an apexi or the greddy sp2, those were the two i had my eye on

im just hoping its not all obnoxious and raspy, if so it just means ill be experimenting with some resonators the tone that down

happen to know if the ehaders get discolored?

Comment

You mean do they bronze after the first 5 minutes of running the car? Most stainless headers do. Anyway, it probably won't be raspy, but it'll be loud
        Originally posted by DoctorCipher
        ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

I have the obx header and cat back w/ test pipe resonator.

The header does become discolored after it gets hot.

The exhaust is pretty loud and a little raspy but can be toned down with a cat and resonators.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Just put a resonator on there to silence it a bit.
            Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Comment

mine was raspy as hell till i put 2 12" resinators on it... and i just bought one of those ebay "high flow cats" which is acutally a resinator to get rid of my cat concidering CT isn't gonna have emissions testing anymore. Sounds good now...hope it sounds better after that is installed

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

Originally posted by rocesride
                mine was raspy as hell till i put 2 12" resinators on it... and i just bought one of those ebay "high flow cats" which is acutally a resinator to get rid of my cat concidering CT isn't gonna have emissions testing anymore. Sounds good now...hope it sounds better after that is installed
                I think it might sound louder after you take off the cat and replace it with the ebay test pipe.

I'm also thinking of making mine queiter. Did you simply weld the resonators into the piping? where did you get these from? btw, what diameter is your exhaust piping? 2.5"?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I think obx stuff is atleast two steps better than ssautochrome...I'd run obx parts if I got a good deal.

Comment

i got obx ceramics for 100 and some change with shipping

and obx cat for 300 shipped

Comment

Working...
                    X