Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

eBay f+r strut bars...wat do u guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay f+r strut bars...wat do u guys think?

Hey all.
    I know Strut bars help corning, steering feel...etc...
    what do you guys think of them are they worth it? i dont care for name brand or not, just in terms of fitment and reliablity etc...

kinda wana make the most of the new tires and rims i just got

TIA
    Sold my baby

saving for an Sc300!!!

They are alright, I have a front eBay strut bar. My suggestion if you want to "make the most" of the wheel/tire combination is to utilize an aftermarket swaybar kit like Suspension Techniques. This is definitely not the cheapest mod to do though. Couple that with a moderate drop......then, the thing will corner like it's on rails.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Yessir they do there job just cheaper price thats all.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

very true maroon, but i figured good grip tires and the strut bars is good for dodging a stop sign blowers, kids running into the street etc, i dont need this car to be a racing machine, but the cheap occasional mods help

but out f curiousity...how much would sway bars cost for htis thing? i got a rear on my camry for $150... pricey ,but i admit i got sooo much more grip from my inner tires from that, lol

if i can somehow get sways for cheap itd do it

and maroon....JusT noticed yur Sig...you have the rims i just bought the other day...how do they fit, what size tires do u sit on? yur car looks NICE
        Sold my baby

saving for an Sc300!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Edmo83

and maroon....JusT noticed yur Sig...you have the rims i just bought the other day...how do they fit, what size tires do u sit on? yur car looks NICE
          The prelude SI wheels are great, and they will bolt right up. They are slighty wider than the accord wheels so on the front the inside of the rim is extremely close to the suspension, but it does clear. You'll just need to make sure to specify tape weights when you get wheels/tires balanced out, then there is no issues. I am actually running 5mm wheel spacers from and back to accomidate the extra rim width......

Oh, the tires are 185/55-15s I believe, I think that's the stock tire size for the SI rims from the factory.
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

wow nice i have 205/55/15 on mines, ill try to put them on tomorrow, cant wait =P
            i got these rims at a sick price, with decent tires on them, hankook ventus'

ill order the strut bars after pay day, even if they are so cheap, ive pour my savings into my project car, bringing me over a G now, but day by day im liking this car more and more....but rather save up for a faster car like a legacy gt or 350Z, maybe even the S2000..hmmmmm

thanks for yur advice guys, this forum kicks @ss, so many more ppl enthusiasts than my Toyota Camry
            Sold my baby

saving for an Sc300!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Edmo83
              wow nice i have 205/55/15 on mines, ill try to put them on tomorrow, cant wait =P
              Oh ya, they're 205s....my bad.
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Imo i think struts are worth getting. And if u have a some xtra $$ a rear swaybar would be good as well.
                Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                  Oh ya, they're 205s....my bad.
                  (off topic) - maroon, what wheels are those you have? Can't seem to find them anywhere, but love them!

Comment

Originally posted by PapioCB
                    (off topic) - maroon, what wheels are those you have? Can't seem to find them anywhere, but love them!
                    '92 Prelude SI alloys
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

for the money, they do alright. but if you had the cash to spend, get a neuspeed front upper

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
                        for the money, they do alright. but if you had the cash to spend, get a neuspeed front upper
                        Ya i agree. Only b/c there sold w/ no flex. Or u can try and make your own solid strut bars.
                        Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Comment

Working...
                        X