Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how to use f22 wiring harness to h23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to use f22 wiring harness to h23

I am not sure on the diy that was posted and I just wanted to clear things up before I go and try it,how would u go about using the f22 wire harness with an h23 motor? I have part of the h23 wiring to where the plugs go right up to the ignition coil can I use that?and what would I splice that into?the black and blue.I've looked on the swap faqs but im to stupid to comprehend it please someone help this idiot out

All you need to do is wire up the KS if your running the p14 other than that the f22 wiring harness should plug right in and you need to do internal - external if your dizzy is internal. all this mentioned by Jose aka d112.
    Last edited by NAiL05; 09-16-2006, 11:28 PM.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

how would I do that?because my f22a4 was internal but the h23 is external so ur saying that I should just keep it internal?I don't understand how I would do that,do I have to put the internal coil into the h23 dizzy?Im problably making it harder than it seems..sorry

Comment

CONVERT IT TO EXTERNAL. and the internal - external dizzy swap in in the swap faq might want to give that a look see. Either way the same as converting an h22 dizzy to external.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm still confused..Im not using an aftermarket coil I want to use the stock ignition coil that came with the h23,Imma go take off the h23 dizzy right now and take a look see to get a better understanding I have part of the h23 wiring also I don't know if that helps

Comment

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...ernal+external

Try that should help out a lil. Explains it a lil better.
            Last edited by NAiL05; 09-17-2006, 12:38 AM. Reason: crap wrong link

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

All the ones I've seen have been about installing an msd but i have use the stock one for now,I think Im getting it kinda... so can I cut the old h23 harness that plugged into the coil and splice that into the black and blue wire?or is it black and yellow

Comment

YEa im confused at the moment lol. Chit chatting with a buddy about the internal - external conversion. Ive got a really big brain fart right now *** shit. I posted the wrong link earlier that should help you out a lil more for internal to external. Same method just need to match up the wires to the h23 dizzy.
                Last edited by NAiL05; 09-17-2006, 12:42 AM.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Okay.. now im a little confused So lets say that I wanted to use the stock ignition coil,can I cut the plug off the h23 harness that plugs into the coil and solder the matching colors to the wires that are coming from the distributor?theres only three wires on the h23 ignition coil plug that I can see,blue,yellow and black I think.

Comment

I have been searching and somewhere it said to jam a 30amp fuse into the two wire plug(black and blue)coming from the distributor?and then use that plug that is not used, cut the end off of that and only match up the only two wires thats coming from the ext coil only black and blue and leave the yellow one alone?please correct me if im wrong

Comment

morning bump,Let me rephrase what I'm trying to say
                      1.jam a 30 amp fuse into the two wire plug thats coming out the dizzy
                      2.Cut the end of plug that was suppose to plug into the dizzy
                      3.Cut the h23 wire coil harness plug,put that into the ignition coil
                      4.Now on the h23 coil plug that I just plugged in, splice the yellow,and black/yellow wire together,leaves the blue one alone
                      5.Now splice the wires from the h23 ign.coil into the wires that I cut off from the plug that was going to the dizzy I hope somebody understands what I'm trying to say

Comment

well, i dont recommend just going and splicing random wires. I suggest getting a manual or something and knowing what each of the wires are.

but i was thinking the same, except without the fuse.

blah, im in the same situation with someone else swap.

external coiled engine in an internal coil harness. Ill see if I can get it figured out. ill post back up if i do.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

or, you could go find an h22 dizzy.

Comment

Yea I don't have the fundings right now to buy an h22 dizzy I'm sure theres a way to do this but I'm to stupid to figure it out someone help please

Comment

swap internals.

take apart your f22 interal coil dizzy, do the same to the h23 dizzy, then swap in the internals from the f22. then use an internal coil cap from an h22. thats the easiest way this can happen. thats my say atleast.

Comment

Working...
                              X