Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine Installation Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Installation Issues

Hi, I was wondering if anyone may have ideas.

A friend of mine and I are trying to install an engine in my 90 accord LX, and we are having many problems.

When we manage to get the engine mount hooked up, the driver side mount, and front mount wont line up, and the transmission will get stuck under the fender. And the same goes for everyone we try to get the engine started up and mounted on.

I was wondering if anyone may have some ideas.

Thank you.

As it been in a wreck or anything like that?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

No, nothing like that, the engine that is going in it, is the exact same engine that was pulled out of the car, the only thing that is different is the transmission. It was a 5 speed, but it was changed to an auto.

Comment

you are useing a 5 speed tranny mount right?

Click Me

Comment

No, we managed to get the 5 speed off, and I am going to weld an auto bracket on for the auto mount.

Comment

I think you have to redrill in for it to line, I mean I think you have to drill new mounting holes for the 5 speed cant remember.

Click Me

Comment

That's all good and everything, the engine is ready with the automatic transmission on it and everything. My friend and I are just having problems installing the engine into the engine compartment. Once we get it aligned in one spot and try to get it ready to mount up to another, it doesn't want to co-operate. I was wondering if there is an easier way to go about this.

Comment

people told me it was impossible but i pulled my h out the last time by pulling off the rad. support and just lifted it and turned the motor and out it came by myself in about 20 min. just try the reverse, i didnt have any clearence issues with the fender when i removed it this way. the other way is the old fassion drop the subframe and lift it from under the car. did that one with a buddy in about 45 min ill try and find a pic i know i got one cuz some kid came into my job and told me you couldnt pull it out the front
                New cb, new start

Comment

kay wait.. this guy had a 5 speed transmission.. and swap it to auto.... why??? and he having hard time putting it in the car. i'ma going to be swappin my tranny tomorrow.. to manual.. am i gonna have the same problem as him? i knw i'ma need transmissin mount and front mother mount and rear motor mount but someone said drill.. wtf?
                  DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Want to know why? Because the other car that was being used as a parts car had an auto in it. And the manual transmission already had plans to be used on another car. There was no drilling required on my part. Everything was interchangeable. And I highly doubt you will have the same problems. The 5 speed transmission is smaller. But when you do swap, you best hope you know how to weld really well, or buy an auto to 5 speed converter mount for your transmission for it to fit properly on the bracket.
                    Last edited by kidthrifty; 09-17-2006, 12:21 PM.

Comment

the fuk man.. weld?!?! c'mon!!! everybody told me it's interchangeable and it'll fix like a .... like putting DVD in a DVD player. now u makin it sound like i gotta grind the circle more bigger in order for my DVD to fix! c'mon! i dont want no surprise.. i just swap everything from auto to manual ALREADY the last thing i need is a transmission now ya sayin it like i'ma have problem. i'm too tired man. that's hell..
                      DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Working...
                      X