Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

vtec wont work need some help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vtec wont work need some help please

listen, im new to this forum, but friends told me to come on here and see what i could figure out. last weekend we did a swap out of my 95 accord ex. we put a 97 f22a1 in it and now vtec is not working, it was working with the old engine, but the engine was so tired that it had trouble reving up that high. now when u punch it it gets to about 5 grand and looses all power as if thats where the rev limiter is now. can anybody help me fix this problem. also i have the old f22a1 for sale. the head, intake manifold, throttle body, are all still in good condition, the block, needs to be rebuilt. will sell for cheap or trade for something.

Originally posted by ciccotti69
    listen, im new to this forum, but friends told me to come on here and see what i could figure out. last weekend we did a swap out of my 95 accord ex. we put a 97 f22a1 in it and now vtec is not working, it was working with the old engine, but the engine was so tired that it had trouble reving up that high. now when u punch it it gets to about 5 grand and looses all power as if thats where the rev limiter is now. can anybody help me fix this problem. also i have the old f22a1 for sale. the head, intake manifold, throttle body, are all still in good condition, the block, needs to be rebuilt. will sell for cheap or trade for something.
    F22a1 don't not have vtec, i think only f22b1 have vtec, thus why it is not engaging
    Members Ride

Comment

wow....
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104311]
      my members page
      my myspace
      my car domain

Comment

Also they did not have a 97 f22a1.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well Im Sorry. I Have The Engine Code Wrong. It Is A Vtec Though Out Of A 97 Accord. We Had To Swap The Whole Wiring Harness Over From The Old Motor, And Now It Looses All Power When It Hits 5000 Rpms. I Dont Understand And Im Sorry For Putting The Wrong Engine Code. It Is A F22 Though

Comment

If both engines were out of ex the code should be f22b1 on them (sohc vtec, comes in the ex chassis). Check the engine codes again because there is also the non-vtec f22b2 that comes out of the lx/dx models. Why did you end up swapping the engine harness? If they were both the f22b1 there should be no difference in harnesses...
            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Yep both were b1 it would be pointless to switch harnesses...And if you had to swap it out then you prob got the shit non vtec motor.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

am no swap god, but if you get exact engine code would help, maybe bad ecu eng combo or something, also any dummy lights and have you try pulling any codes?

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

I Had To Switch The Harness Because Of Obd2 And Obd1. The 95 Is Obd1 And The 97 Is Obd2. There Is A Crank Sensor On The New Motor, And Not One On The Old. Engine Codes Are Exactly The Same Trust Me I Checked. And It Says Vtec Right On The Valve Cover. Wont Rev Past 5000 Rpm. There Is A Check Engine Light, But I Dont Have A Diognostis Reader. Nobody Has Experienced This Problem?? I Heard It Was Common

Comment

Should have kept it OBD1. Just use parts off the old 95 motor that you had. If your only revving till 5000 could be related to your VTEC. Hows oil levels and stuff on the car.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

aight ya'll this is my homeboy.. hes not a dumbass.... anyway the swap was kept obd1 bc of the car... but hte motor was out of a 97... but fuck it... hes got a vtec switch thanks for no help

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by ciccotti69
                        I Had To Switch The Harness Because Of Obd2 And Obd1. The 95 Is Obd1 And The 97 Is Obd2. There Is A Crank Sensor On The New Motor, And Not One On The Old. Engine Codes Are Exactly The Same Trust Me I Checked. And It Says Vtec Right On The Valve Cover. Wont Rev Past 5000 Rpm. There Is A Check Engine Light, But I Dont Have A Diognostis Reader. Nobody Has Experienced This Problem?? I Heard It Was Common
                        Are you using an obd2 ecu or obd1 that ran the 95 engine?
                        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                        Project 240SX
                        Originally posted by chillin943
                        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                          Are you using an obd2 ecu or obd1 that ran the 95 engine?

its all obd1... the harness that was on the motor was cut up to shit anyway... its still not running like it should... gotta get the codes tho..

SOLD!

Comment

When he comes in saying he swapped in an F22A1 and VTEC is not working, how can we assume he knows what he's talking about? If he doesn't know what motor it is, why should he know how to rewire for OBD2? "thanks for no help" is uncalled for. The first thing to address is that it is indeed the proper motor. ALL we know is what is said in the original post. When we have F22A1 to work with, we assume he means F22A1.

Anyway, if you want to scan for codes, hit up Autozone. They'll do it for free. It seems to me that the car is in limp-mode for some reason. Probably a bad sensor or bad connection somewhere. I know I've done work on my car, only to find that it doesn't start because I forgot to plug in something minor... like the distributor

Once you scan for codes, you'll have a better idea as to what's wrong. Fix what the scanner says, and then we can take it from there.

If everything has been rewired for OBD2, you ARE using the OBD2 ECU, right?

Comment

it was a typo... his bad...but he didn't need the bandwagon of newbie jumpers to argue over the code... once the car gets put on the road he can scan it at autozone... but i'm pretty sure everythigns plugged in (as i worked on this swap) its gotta be a vtec code cuz other than that it runs great...

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                              X