Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

clutch when depress it, hear a air release sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch when depress it, hear a air release sound

1992 honda accord lx,
    all of a sudden, when the car is started in morning, when clutch was depress, heard a air pressure sound ? is this normal ? hissing sound when clutch was pressed ?

what could this be ?
    Last edited by 86accordlx; 09-21-2006, 10:56 PM.

throw out bearing probaly

Comment

what is a throw out bearing , were is located ? can a amateur replace this part ?

can i leave it for now, what would happen, consequence.?

Comment

its located in the transmission, you typically replace it when you do a clutch job... you should be fine for now, i wouldn't reccommend an amatuer to replace it unless you know how to drop a tranny...

Comment

To get a clutch replacement, how long(Hours) would it take at a garage ?
          how much for the clutch would it cost approx?

thanks by the way. it's 340000 km's on it.
          Last edited by 86accordlx; 09-21-2006, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 86accordlx
            clutch replacement about 100 dollars, how long for labour at a garage ?

thanks by the way. it's 340000 km's on it.
            That really depends on who you goto to get the work done. Ask some local honda owners in your area and see what shops in your area are good

Better yet call a few shops and see what they would charge.
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Can we just replace the throw out bearing and that's it or better to replace the whole clutch w/kit ? does the kit come with throw out bearing?

Comment

replace everything at once, anyone JUST to remove and check a problem with trans would change north of 200 bucks, kill everything with one shot.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

one last question,
                  How long would it take to replace a whole clutch by a mechanic ?

Comment

i was told by a mechanic, that it maybe hydrolic slave cylinder that need to be replaced.

what do i do, is it a thow out bearing or this hydrolic slave cylinder ?

or just go ahead replace the whole clutch which will cost 400 labor then clutch is 200 cnd? 600 total canadian.

or just replace this slave cylinder for less than half the price for labor and parts?

(Like i was saying earlier, clutch when fully depressed, makes a sweak sound at the transmisson area ?)

Comment

[hijack] While we're on the subject of clutch noises, would a fairly loud sqeak be a similar issue when pushing in the pedal? Almost sounds like a really creaky door or rusted spring. [/hijack]
                      edit: dobt! I should have read the post directly above mine. Anyone delt with this problem before?

Comment

i get the same noise ?, how many km's on the car by the way?
                        Has the clutch be replaced recently ?
                        would this help , maybe ?

http://www.automedia.com/Slave/Cylin...cr20010901sc/1

Comment

its the throw bearing if you hear the a screaking noise by the tranny area, had the same problem, if your clutch is now severly worn out, then leave it, but imo i would change it if i was down there already,
                          Members Ride

Comment

ahh i remember dropping my f22a1 tranny on the cement it was a 3 ft drop and BAMM changed the fly clutch and throw out and it worked fine LOL. but now im getting this squealing noise. i don't think its the throwout bearing it squeals where the slave clutch cylinder is located alot of vibration. I swear autozone parts are trash. tahts the only thing autozoned on my car =( the slave cylinder since honda charges 80 for theres i bought it for 25 shoulda spent the extra cash any body any ideas???
                            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

hey i work at autozone, and not all of our stuff is bad, its when you pay 25 bucks for the cheap stuff, youve got to remeber, you get what you pay for man, when you buy cheap its built cheap. i dont understand why people think that cheap means its manufactured like oem and meets the same standards. yes you should of spent the extra money and maybe you wont go and expect to get gold at the price of $hit
                              New cb, new start

Comment

Working...
                              X