Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

'91 automatic seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'91 automatic seatbelts

does anyone have trouble with their automatic seatbelts?
    last month my sensor been going off.
    when i close my door and the seatbelt slides back and lock, on the dashboard the red light flash and warning me that my seatbelt is not on even tho it is. and starting last week when i close the door and start the car, sometimes the seatbelt don't slide back, so i have to either open/close the door, or shut off the car and restart, or sometimes if i just wait for a min then the seatbelt slides back.
    have anyone had this trouble? i've been searching the net about this.
    at first i thought the sensor switch that can tell the seatbelt is locked is bad, but now the seatbelt wont' slide back sometimes. soo... is it something else?
    and how hard is it taking the seatbelt apart? i looked at the interior and it looks like there is one screw holding the lower panel on.
    any tips i would very much appreciate!
    thanks alot guys!
    1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Did ya start off with a basic search?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/search.php?searchid=1021188

Comment

Ill agree to that one. i never have good results when i search, but i did find that one.

Anyone else see that we now have 7200+ members?? Growing by leaps and bounds

Who needs seatbelts anyway? lol My seatbelt light stares me in the face everytime i get in my car.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Umm. I have that problem too...

Slide your passenger seat all the way foward. There will be a little black box under the seat if you look at it from the back seat area. There will be 2 bundles of wires plugged into that box.

Heres where you have to do some experimenting. My auto belts are broken. They dont slide back automatically, and they do slide foward. I had that beeping too... I unplugged both of the wires, and everythings good, no light, no beeping. but, since yours are functional, try unpluging one and see if it takes the light off and beeping. If not, plug back in and try the other wire. BUT, one of the wires controls the whole seat belt motor. So just do a guess and check. Let me know if this doesnt help

Comment

i have a 91 2dr and my seatbelts dont work either i got a new box but still nuttin n e ways im lost any info on them would help me too thanx
          cant wait till im all done

Comment

hey thanks! gonna try that tomorrow morning, i already started pulling my interior paneling off and so far still have no idea lol. but i'm gonna try out the box uner the passenger seat and see if that helps all i want to do is disable it.that beeping and flashing light have me going crazy!
            peace yall and thanks
            now i gotta go kill my roomies in counterstrike
            i'll let u know tomorrow wassup!

Comment

It looks more and more likely that the convert to the 92/93 is the way to "solve" the problem. I was dissapointed that the loose wire I found on the door switch wasn't the fix for mine. Everything else seems fine. one of us will figure it out...eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie
                hey thanks! gonna try that tomorrow morning, i already started pulling my interior paneling off and so far still have no idea lol. but i'm gonna try out the box uner the passenger seat and see if that helps all i want to do is disable it.that beeping and flashing light have me going crazy!
                peace yall and thanks
                now i gotta go kill my roomies in counterstrike
                i'll let u know tomorrow wassup!

Ok heres what i did.

I closed my doors and pushed the harness (the buckle piece that actually slides that is on the door) to the position it should be when you are driving. I then unplugged both of the wires that are connected to that box.
                So basically, I have manual seat belts, but I just leave the shoulder strap always connected. It's def. not a pain in the ass to get it the car and just put the strap over your chest.
                But i mean, unless your a comlete sloth, this method will fix the beeping, and give you 'manual' belts.
                Like I said tho, if you still want the belts to work, and for the beep to go away, just guess and check the wires.

Let me know if you need more help, im more than willing.

Comment

k well i messed around the box under the seat there is two plugins. one brown the right side and one green the left side and they are both not interchangeable. i think one is like power and the one acually controls the sensor and motor. however last night driving home from work my seatbelt finally died to the forward position what it should b when u get out the car, and it won't move whatsoever. but when it did work the motor sounded fine and slides back and forth fine unlike my friends car which sounded like it gonna fall off any minute lol. so i am gonna see if i can manualy push the seat belt back and unplug the green plug on the box and "kill" it for now. but have anyone done the conversion to the 92-93 seatbelt yet? and how hard is it? heh if i do the conversion it might just b easier to fix the automatic. but i think it is the sensor somewhere in the car that tells the seatbelt to slide back is dead, gotta figure it out
                  thanks for all the help so far! i'll let u know whats happenin soon

Comment

Working...
                  X