Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fan screaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan screaming

my cooling fan screams like crazy is there a way to lube it up or do i need a new one

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

No, you can't lube it. A dollar sez the motor's bearing is going.

1) Remove the fan assembly from the car.
    2) Remove the fan from the motor spindle.
    3) Remove motor from frame.
    4) Replace with new motor. $50 will get you a nice Siemans from AutoZone for example.

^^ It may be wise to first see if the fan can be easily removed from the motor spindle before buying a new motor. There's a small nut holding it on, prone to rust. Don't do what I had to do, which was drill it out and wind up J-B Welding the fan to a new motor ... there are cheap assemblies on eBay that include the motor, fan and frame already assembled, but I don't know how good they are.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

thanx yo what about aftermarket fanz is there any out there worth getting

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7
        thanx yo what about aftermarket fanz is there any out there worth getting
        FAL, u gotta wire them, but u can at least set when it comes on versus stock values at 220 degrees
        "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by m-tec93accord
          FAL, u gotta wire them, but u can at least set when it comes on versus stock values at 220 degrees
          What wrong with that?
          Fan cut-in temp has very little to do with engine temp...and the 226 cut in is for the after-run fan anways.
          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

i meant when the engine is at a certain degree(thank for correcting me on the #'s) u can set it to come on earlier.....but yea, was irrevalent...thinking about my situaion....sorry....but FAL is still good
            "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

The fans are very easy to replace. I dont remember how long it took Mike (MadSpleen85) to replace his after one of them broke.
              "You are part of a great thing. Live for it, Talk for it and dream for it."
              "A friend is someone who will be there when the rest of the world walks out on you!"

"People who toy with others hearts...are only unhappy in their own lives."

Comment

Originally posted by m-tec93accord
                i meant when the engine is at a certain degree(thank for correcting me on the #'s) u can set it to come on earlier.....but yea, was irrevalent...thinking about my situaion....sorry....but FAL is still good
                The temp. switches in the engine block control the engagement of the fans, so how does this setup alter that?
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

new fan motor time before it locks up
                  knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Working...
                  X