Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

balancer belt replacement issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

balancer belt replacement issue

replaced timing belt, water pump, and balcer belt along with all seals and such. issue upon reassembly:
    follwing honda workshop manual
    when installing belt the belt and lower crank pulley go on together, i have gotten them aligned and all, but the small spring(upper right) has zero tension and the idler pulley has to be pushed down for tension to be achieved. doesn't seem right since the round cap nut locks the idler in place, it seems like it should move right? any ideas, i have not lost any pieces they all went right into ziplocs and trays, had nelson(nail05) come over and between the two of us no luck. any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

also anyone in dallas area let me know.liek to know of some nieghbors
    My other ride is your ex-wife

Bumpage. Got me stumped my spring at least had some tension. His was loose and looked like if you started up the car the spring would just fall off lol thats how loose it is. There are a couple Dallas people but most are in Arlington and such. You should check the regionals and come to that nov 4 meet you will make it =D bring a 4 quart thing of oil =P. But yea bump it up yo.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

disconneting blance shaft belt are fun and easy.. motor revs up faster
      knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

common issue... probably due to having a new unstretched new belt? put it back together and tighten the main 14mm lock nut, twist the motor over a few times by turning the crank, and try redoing the tensioners. i generally just give a tiny push with my finger on the balancer belt pulley before tightening it down finally, even though the manual says not to. i do it because of the same issue youre having. the balancer belt shouldnt be as tight as the timing belt. also, to make sure that spring doesnt fall off ever, i usually bend in the ends of the hooks so its stuck on the peg.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by 'cp[mike
          also, to make sure that spring doesnt fall off ever, i usually bend in the ends of the hooks so its stuck on the peg.
          Yep we did that I think its still a tad bit loose. But thats the only thing holding the h22a back basically. Appreciate the info people =D.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah i'm lost i went to a honda dealer today at lunch and just walked in the shop in my ford uniform and asked a few other techs they said basically the same thing. but to clarify....
            assemble and tighten the bolt that holds the lever the spring is on so belt is taught not tight tight and turn her over a few times then try again? question... is the idler pulley supossed to be able to move with the tension the spring generates or what ?????????????????????? b/c it doesnt seem possible, if i tighten it down with the washer it came with upon disassembly it basically locks the pulley in place and at the tightness i set when tightened down. what should be a fair estimate of torque rating to tight 14mm lock nut??? thanks for the help guys

Comment

ok....line ur head up with timing mark....line your block up on the timing mark....put ur belt on with the front having it being tite...work your way from front bottom to back and up....make sure your tensioner pulley is hooke to the spring and the back of it is hook up to that stud pole that is suppose to swing on....now pull the tension up with one hand and tigten it down then rotate the motor 4 complete cycles counter clock wise and relosen the tensioner pulley and retiten it back up....then lock it in place with the little screw bolt that u suppose to use up in the front of the tensioner pully and remove your tensioner pulley bolt so u can put your balance shaft stuff on.... once u got your balancer shaft and stuff on and rite....put your tensioner bolt back in and remove that little bolt that u put up front of the tensioner pulley to hold it in place....spin the motor round and round with your hand tools and make sure the marks are ligned up again!

Comment

upon doing this timing belt and cam seal replacement, the cams rotated and i lined them back up but when they are aligned the timing marks and flywheel are not and if the flywheel is timed then the cams are not. keep in mind this engine is on a stand in my living room so all repairs are relatively easy to get to (except rear main)

Comment

i believe the block has to rotate twice for the marks to both line up, or is it the other way around....if they both never ever do ever line up then your timing is off

Comment

Working...
                  X