Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tranny problem or not....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny problem or not....

i have a 92 CB7 lx auto.wen i start it and put it in D4 it wont change gears automatically or in very very high rpm's.is it my tranny or some computer that time my shift.so wut i do is start it from 2nd to D3 to D4 theres a thread below me askin if thats bad so yep.im learning in school right now about cars so i dont really know wut some parts are called thx

I swear if its got tits or wheels its gonna give you problems really applys to automatic trannys, usually rough and weird shifts are caused by the tranny computer, this is why I like 3g accords better that dont have the TCU

Comment

I had a similar problem once but what happened is that my trans kickdown cable snapped. Once i fixed that everything was all good.. so take a look at that cable and see if its still on.

Comment

all right thx alot ima go look at my cables and then the tcu.

Comment

lol my dad is telling me its the soleniod.

(On computer controlled transmissions, you will also have electrical solenoids that are mounted in the valve body to direct fluid to the appropriate clutch packs or bands under computer control to more precisely control shift points.)

Comment

thats true mine wouldn't shift because a piece of the tranny got stuck in one of the valve body's and made it shift erraticly. I would do a tranny flush first.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

I had the same problem with the new tranny I put in my 92 LX. I am not sure what it was but I am pretty sure it was the TCU because the D4 light blinks and it is shifting in the "safe" mode. I also pulled a code 7 from the computer.
              07 Kia Sportage (Her car)
              91 Accord EX (My car)

04 BMW R1150RS (My bike)

Comment

man i might swap my engine.i floor it in d4 and dont get no torque or horses at all.0-40 in 7 seconds

Comment

When the tranny operates in the "safe" mode, it seems like the engine is dogging out after it shifts the first time...kind of like your 0-40 in 7 seconds...almost like it is shifting from 1st or 2nd to OD. That is supposed to protect the transmission from any damage due to improper shifting. I am going to replace my TCU with one from a board member and hopefully, it will fix my problem. Good luck!
                  91 Accord EX (My car)

04 BMW R1150RS (My bike)

Comment

My next car is going to be manual for shure.i hate computers shifting wen they want.i like me controlling my car and sucking up the juice from every gear lol

Comment

sounds like u need to junk it man,lol. not funny right? anyways solenoids or tcu. happens all the time,very common issue. if its the tranny go 5spd or buy my new auto tranny sitting in my garage.

Comment

I replaced my TCU with a known good one and I still have the same problem. I am thinking one of the solenoids have crapped out seeing as how that is the code I am pulling. Any other suggestions would be great.
                        91 Accord EX (My car)

04 BMW R1150RS (My bike)

Comment

Working...
                        X