Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

clicking sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clicking sound

few weeks ago i heard a clicking sound towards the front of my car. this only happens when im stop or accelerating and turning the wheel. could this be my CV axle?? if it is how hard to replace this part??? tnks
    1993 LX 2DR Coupe bone stock 120,000 2nd owner
    1972 Celica 18RG project car
    1974 Celica Rust Free non running

Could be your axle as you mentioned. Look underneath and see if the boot is ripped. Its alright. The main bitch is taking out that 36mm nut that holds the axle.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea ussually clicking its from cv inspect and replace if needed.HAHAHA sorry but good luck taking that 36mm nut out if you need to, ITS A BITCHHHHHH.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
      Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Your Def. Going To Need A Impact Gun To Remove That 36mm Out.....suxxxx Ass...lol Good Luck Homie...but All In All Its A Easy Fix...

Comment

You dont need an impact. You can put the car in 5th, stand on the brake, and get a buddy with a 36mm socket/breaker bar/ and a long pipe and it will come off. Just too much of hassle.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

tnks guys for a quick reply so what i need a 36mm socket, impact gun or a friend to step the brakes were you guys recomend buying the axle at good price?? probably it will cost me $100 a piece for that thing while at it i might change the rotors and the pads

Rocky
            1993 LX 2DR Coupe bone stock 120,000 2nd owner
            1972 Celica 18RG project car
            1974 Celica Rust Free non running

Comment

cv joints , get a inspection

Comment

You will also need a hammer and 12 or 14mm sockets (gotta take off tie rod and lower ball joint) and some new cotter pins preferably and a long flat head screwdriver. Thats basically the tool list or the ones I can think of at the moment other than the 36mm. And you will also need a punch to stake the nut on the axle when reinstalling.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                X