Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

can belts be changed by amateur > anything tricky ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can belts be changed by amateur > anything tricky ?

I need to change both belts, anything tricky to doing this by a amateur ?
    Is it as simple as, loose belt , remove them, slip back in the new ones.
    (The 2 rubber belts in engine)
    Last edited by fonzee_92; 10-22-2006, 01:13 PM. Reason: typing problem

not really tricky just time consuming and it needs to be done right and double checked. before you start check timing and then proceed. what engine do you have? auto tensioner or manual? you would benefit greatly from purchasing a shop manual , haynes/chilton ok honda shop manual better, better pics more info etc... i have both manuals in pdf. format for the 4th gen accord and prelude if you have h22/h23 engine pm if your interested otherwise ask around some more alot of these guys can help out.
    My other ride is your ex-wife

Comment

thanks for manual, and repsonse too!

Comment

Were you talkin timing or accessory belt?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Were you talkin timing or accessory belt?
          I'm guessing he's talking about his accessory belts.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

yeah ! accessory belts .... Do i just remove old ones, put in new ones, adjust tensioner bolts all is good ?

what are the steps and tools needed , quickly ?

Comment

You got it man, just adjust the tension so you can slip the belts off, and slip the new ones on. Its probably gonna take some fooling around with in order to keep your belts from making a little bit of noise. The only way you can really learn is to get in there and mess with it. I wasn't really familiar with the tensioning system that Honda uses, because I'm used to damn Chevy 350's, but I still managed to change my alternator in like an hour a few weeks back... Its not bad. Just fiddle with it, we're here to help if ya get stuck.

EDIT: For tools, all you should need is pretty much a 10 and 12mm wrenches.
              Last edited by wrichards2005; 10-22-2006, 03:05 PM.

Comment

right on...... that for the info. now i know.....
                it all i need to know for now.......

thank much guys..

Comment

Yea you need a 10,12,14mm sockets to take the belts loose and crap. 14 to break the main nut 12 to break the lock nut for the tensioner and the 10 to loosen the tensioner and basically thats that. Be sure to put on the alternator/ac/crank belt first before putting on the PS/crank. Just FYI lol.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea there real esay to change i changed mine when i switched out my alt. you might want to get/barrow one of those belt tension testers cuz if the belt is to tight you'll burn bearings if its to loose you'll squeel like hell and will have to replace the belts a second time

note i dont want to scare you or any thing i did mine without the tool i just guess the proper tension the tool is not a required thing
                    R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
                    (O.o )
                    (> < )

My Rotor DIY
                    I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

Comment

Poppinbottlez.......

ALL BELTS SIMPLE....JUST TAKE YOUR TIME....ITS KINDA COMMEN SENCE....NOW IF YOUR TALKING ABOUT YOUR TIMING BELT AND YOUR NOT TO INTO DOING ENGINE MODS YOURSELF I THINK U SHOULD GET A PROF. TO INSTALL A TIMING BELT....IF U DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING U CAN SCREW UP YOUR TIMING.....NOT GOOD....GOODLUCK

Comment

Working...
                      X