Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 accord ex Spark plugs cant come out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 accord ex Spark plugs cant come out

The spark plugs just turn and wont come out, also if you try and tighten it, it wont. What is the problem and what can I do to get it out?

oh no, did you strip the threads?
    Members Ride

Comment

I never changed it since I got the car. I only had it for 4 months

Comment

u sure u got the right size socket on it? cuz im guessing the car still runs fine and if they were really stripped they probably would of blew off with the cylinder pressure. so just make sure u got the right socket on ur spark plugs

thanx for da sig. DFRHonda

Comment

Originally posted by cannedcb7
          u sure u got the right size socket on it? cuz im guessing the car still runs fine and if they were really stripped they probably would of blew off with the cylinder pressure. so just make sure u got the right socket on ur spark plugs
          ahh yes, they would have blown off, make sure u are usinga 5/8 spark plug socket
          Members Ride

Comment

Extension, 5/8 deep socket or spark plug specific one, Breaker bar. Now SLOWLY turn it out of course your gonna hear some wierd noises but try your best not to Break the plug. Sometimes if you let a lil Heat run through the motor it will loosen it up a bit.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Post back on your findings.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                Extension, 5/8 deep socket or spark plug specific one, Breaker bar. Now SLOWLY turn it out of course your gonna hear some wierd noises but try your best not to Break the plug. Sometimes if you let a lil Heat run through the motor it will loosen it up a bit.
                Thanks alot I got one out but I still cant get the rest out. do you know any other tips?

Comment

Well thats the best way honestly. Cant really think of anything else unless you want to spray pb blaster down there but i wouldnt do that lol. You try warming up the engine and see if they break loose? If not best way is to keep on doing that. The creaking is a bitch but it will come out eventually.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    Well thats the best way honestly. Cant really think of anything else unless you want to spray pb blaster down there but i wouldnt do that lol. You try warming up the engine and see if they break loose? If not best way is to keep on doing that. The creaking is a bitch but it will come out eventually.

okay thanks still havent gotten all of them out but I did get two out.

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalRoots
                      okay thanks still havent gotten all of them out but I did get two out.

Maybe you can take off the valve cover and see whats going on?
                      1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
                      Originally posted by yeamans17
                      you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

You seem to be making progress.

Just keep spraying and working them. Loosen a little, then tighten a little, give a quick spray of PB or something, loosen a little more, tighten a little, another quick spray, and so on...
                        If you're daring, you could try using an impact gun. I don't think anyone would recommend that though.

One useful tip though: don't crank on the ratchet with both hands, use one hand to turn the ratchet, and the other to hold the head of the ratchet to keep the socket straight over the plug.
                        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Ok just to clarify since your first post, was the socket the reason they were just "turning and turning". Or are they still doing that?

Runt

Comment

Working...
                          X