Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

problem with radio harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with radio harness

ok so i own a 90 lx previously bought from a mechanic and when it was bought i was told the car had been broken into twice with the deck stolen both times .... i got the car with no radio harness (due to the jackass who stole the deck) so i went to a junkyard picked up a harness and wired it up (from an exact model trim) everything is working properly except for the consistent power which i beleive is the yellow/red wire so when i turn my key everything restarts ... i know it isnt really a big deal but i enjoy the settings i have on the deck eg. radio memory, base, tilt etc. its annoying that i have to reset everything everytime i get into the car? .... i have tested every wire for the consistent power but nothing till i turn the key into ignition .... is there a fuse that i might need to change for consistent power? wire torn? OH YEAH AND MY CLOCK RESTARTS TOO it also flickers doesnt stay the same .... im guessing it has to do with consistent power aswell!!!!! help would be great guys trying to restore this cb to A++

check your fuses... theres a memory fuse that provides constant power to the clock and radio to remember the time and preset stations.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

constant is the yellow wire. check that connection and follow it. and u can make your own if u cant figure it out. get a test light and find a hot wire then tap into it. done
      91 lx h22 ftw!!!1!!one!!

lsd is wonderful

Comment

correct, check the fuse and stuff as mention, if you cant find it or cant make it work right and wanna run you own line, its easy. Just get like a 16guage wire and put a fuse at the end by the battery and run it to the stereo center console, now you will have the battery backup wire. Do put a fuse at the battery side end of the wire ok!

Comment

It's the 7 amp fuse in the right rear corner of the underhood fuse box. It also holds the CEL and Tranny fault codes in the computers.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

thanks alot guys im gonna check it out right now

Comment

same problem

I have that exact same problem...before i got my 90 Accord LX, it had also been broken into and the harness was ripped out. The kid never told me but we (my fiance and I) figured it out after we took the stereo out of the dash to see why the speakers were staticy, thought maybe it was some loose wires in the dash, it's a total mess , looks like speghetti...no joke. we cant really find the right wires and because of this my front speakers and the door speakers don't work.
              Now i do have a constant power source, from my battery, so my radio doesnt reset but my clock does. I can't put a 7.5 amp fuse in the back up radio (yes i've tried!!!) because of another problem i am having...the seatbelt light comes on and wont shut up..it constantly dings, even when the belts latched...i'm not really sure what to do here???????
              Last edited by MY_1st_90CB7; 11-13-2006, 12:39 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

To lxaccord
                hey, I had the same exact problem when I finally dumped an aftermarket deck in my first 'Cord. I didn't have a fuse issue that I could find, so I just ran a wire behind the dash and into the steering wheel column and stole a constant off the little green light ring around the ignition keyhole. Sounds stupid, but it solved the problem, and all I needed was a 12" length of wire and a connector.

To myfirst CB etc......

don't know if this helps, but I got my deck install instructions off InstallDr.com, they had a full writeup for the 90-93 accord with some wiring schematics, might help you make sense of the spaghetti issue
                Last edited by qbodsyt; 11-13-2006, 08:33 AM.
                1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

yea thats what i was gonna do aswell!! but than i fixed my problem it was just the 7.5 fuse thats located underneath the hood top right i beleive ... thanks to everyone for the help cbh7tuner rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                  X